Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Filter Install

tarquin

Hi Johnan,

I got the seat buttons but were not as expected.Have a look at the picture. They obviously consists of 2 parts, one half being with a spike to push through the fabric and the other half which has circular spikes to grip the other side of the fabric.The spike goes through to the other side and just does nothing. I can only suppose that you have to use pliers to compress the two halves together to get the spikes to dig into the fabric and mane melt the spike with a soldering iron into a blob to keep the two sides together.I was expecting a one shot clip together which is what the original ones look like.They are described on the packet as "STOPPER TONGUE" 73219-33010.Can you tell me if thats what you got or maybe I have the wrong item.Cheers

David

Hi David, The ones I was supplied with look like yours except they dont have the row of prongs round one of the halves, just the big prong in the middle of the other half.

I have no doubt these are meant for the same job.

I fitted mine by pushing the big prong through the belt, pushed the other half over it from the other side of the belt and squashed the bit of prong sticking up by tightening a pair of pliers against both sides of the button.

I thought I might have to use heat to hold it together but the "squashed prong" has done its job without assistance.

See how you get on, even a deftly applied drop of superglue on the prong would do, just keep it away from the belt fabric!

hope that helps,

J

Hi Johnan,

I got the seat buttons but were not as expected.Have a look at the picture. They obviously consists of 2 parts, one half being with a spike to push through the fabric and the other half which has circular spikes to grip the other side of the fabric.The spike goes through to the other side and just does nothing. I can only suppose that you have to use pliers to compress the two halves together to get the spikes to dig into the fabric and mane melt the spike with a soldering iron into a blob to keep the two sides together.I was expecting a one shot clip together which is what the original ones look like.They are described on the packet as "STOPPER TONGUE" 73219-33010.Can you tell me if thats what you got or maybe I have the wrong item.Cheers

David

Hi David, The ones I was supplied with look like yours except they dont have the row of prongs round one of the halves, just the big prong in the middle of the other half.

I have no doubt these are meant for the same job.

I fitted mine by pushing the big prong through the belt, pushed the other half over it from the other side of the belt and squashed the bit of prong sticking up by tightening a pair of pliers against both sides of the button.

I thought I might have to use heat to hold it together but the "squashed prong" has done its job without assistance.

See how you get on, even a deftly applied drop of superglue on the prong would do, just keep it away from the belt fabric!

hope that helps,

J

Cheers Johnan

Will give it a crunch then see how it goes

David

Thanks for the link George,

It makes more sense now. I bought my iQ 2 really on walking into the showroom, seeing it and wanted it there and then. I didn't do any research, What model's etc. Just knew I wanted an Auto and it had Satnav and was white.After starting to modify it to look (cool) and finding this site, I then discovered there was a 1.33 out there in the wild and was 4 cylinder.The lumpy tick over of the 3 cylinder is a small bug bearer with me and was ok about it until discovering there was a 4 cylinder. Re-assuringly though, is that other people either can't feel the difference, and/or prefer the 3cylinder like yourself. The only other issue I have with the car, as with others, is the front seat belts getting trapped in the door frame and the rear one's falling out of their slots.will get around to problem solving them later. I know people are not happy with the plastic trim, But i am very careful when it comes to scuffing, and never put anything with sharp corners on it or abrasive materials in the car.Actually, its been handy for me because the panels come off really easily to allow me to play with the wiring.

The thing is I put my projects on here in case anyone wants to have a go or to give someone some idea's . Just hope it helps people.

David

David, just as a very trivial and almost irrelevant aside..the latest IQs have a special clip fitted to the rear belt mounting which holds the buckle in place, to prevent rattles.

You could probably order a couple from MrT, but really there are plenty of other solutions for that particular problem.

Is it only on the latest models?

It makes more sense now. I bought my iQ 2 really on walking into the showroom, seeing it and wanted it there and then. I didn't do any research, What model's etc. Just knew I wanted an Auto and it had Satnav and was white.After starting to modify it to look (cool) and finding this site, I then discovered there was a 1.33 out there in the wild and was 4 cylinder.The lumpy tick over of the 3 cylinder is a small bug bearer with me and was ok about it until discovering there was a 4 cylinder. Re-assuringly though, is that other people either can't feel the difference, and/or prefer the 3cylinder like yourself. The only other issue I have with the car, as with others, is the front seat belts getting trapped in the door frame and the rear one's falling out of their slots.will get around to problem solving them later. I know people are not happy with the plastic trim, But i am very careful when it comes to scuffing, and never put anything with sharp corners on it or abrasive materials in the car.Actually, its been handy for me because the panels come off really easily to allow me to play with the wiring.

The thing is I put my projects on here in case anyone wants to have a go or to give someone some idea's . Just hope it helps people.

David

David, just as a very trivial and almost irrelevant aside..the latest IQs have a special clip fitted to the rear belt mounting which holds the buckle in place, to prevent rattles.

You could probably order a couple from MrT, but really there are plenty of other solutions for that particular problem.

As far as I know, yes.

Note:David found the clips are part of the belt assembly and can not be fitted separately.

David

As far as I know, yes.

Note:David found the clips are part of the belt assembly and can not be fitted separately.

I had another look at mine, If you grab the bulbous top of the seat belt anchor point, the cover unclips and lifts up revealing the anchor bolt.The top of the cover is "trapped" under the anchor bolt and it is an assumption that if the bolt is removed the cover will come off.Now that would be a simple "up grade "MR T could offer as a spare part. But , they seem to know nothing of it in the spares department.

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links