Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Much?

John R

1997 (rev 4)

UK Car

Caribbean Blue (see avatar)

2.0 GTi-16v Twincam 3SGE engine - 173bhp (stock)

T bar

Full leather interior - immaculate

PAS

ABS

Electric windows / mirrors

74,000 miles

lovely car, FULL service history.

Full years MOT

Full years tax

Clutch and Cambelt changed within this last month.

Everything works perfect

I've only had it 2 months and I have to say, I'm no over-awed.... and it's not really my kind of car, too much show, not enough go.... Just my opinion.

What do you think?

Only worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

But then as you have only had the car 2 months, you should have a very good idea of its worth.

I say a little less than you paid.

What are you going to try next?

I would say between £6000 and £7000 - I thought you were well happy with it, are you saying its too slow. Whats the plan, sell it and buy a tubby?

I agree that the car is only worth what someone will pay for it, could be more, could be less than you expected...

Regards to selling it and getting a turbo mr2.. why?

don't feel bad for not wanting an mr2 turbo john! just get the car you really want :thumbsup:

This is a friends, he's thinking of selling it:

Nissan 200sx s14a

Well, I guess I'd want about £4500 for it, with mods included:

APEX'i induction

APEX'i turbo timer

AutoGauge 52mm 20psi Indiglo boost gauge (mounted in APEX Performance dual 52mm A-Pillar pod - Waiting for me to get & fit an Oil Temp gauge)

Blitz Dual Drive Super Sound Blow-off Valve (with interchangeable trumpets)

OBX Full Stainless Steel Cat-back Exhaust - 4" jap-style exit and "3 mandrel-bent piping

Sony MD player

NATS2 CAT1 system

Run on Optimax for as long as I can remember

Bad points:

Rear bumper is loose & cracked from when I drifted & crashed. But I have a spare bumper (currently in burgundy ) that I would throw in. Also, several spare alloys, I forget how many I have.

Couple of dents in the bonnet from when some ****** smashed my windscreen in.

If you were to buy this off me, then I would most likely be on the market for its bigger brother. I reckon I'd like to get me a bit of Fairlady Z action. Yeah, baby... 280bhp 3.0l V6 24v DOHC Intercooled Twin-Turbo? Yes please.

I love the look of them too, aggressive and not too 'look at me'.

Just like a baby skyline.

If the Nissan is in good condition, then in theory, you should have money left over, which should more than pay to have the damage repaired. It all really depends on whether you like it more than a Tubby. If I were you, I'd try and find a Tubby for a test drive, compare it to the Nissan and make your decision then.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, maybe have enough extra cash for some other mods.

I'm going for a drive in the nissan soon, just need to find a tubby mr2 to have a go in :huh: .

Just a case of finding someone who wants to buy mine......?

I don't think you're going to have too much trouble selling yours. Good ones seem to be quite rare at the moment. How about putting it on eBay with a nice fat reserve. Won't hurt.

Hmmm. Up to you whether you say buyer collects. However, you could add, can be delivered to buyer for say £100 within say 200 miles radious. You'll need quite a lot of cash for this cos you'll need two cars, two people i.e. you and someone else in another car to take you home, or need the buyer to give you a lift to the nearest train station. £100 would be safe.

Easier for you if buyer collects though.

If only I could delete posts......... (quiet nudge in forum admin's ribs :) )

• 1 month later...

Right, I'm getting towards the time that I'm definatly going to be selling (The dent in the drivers door is getting fixed (new door skin) soon)

I have put it in the For Sale section of TOC, for £6800. System G says more like 4.5-5k. This is a lot less than I payed for it and I think it's worth more.

After getting my clutch changed, when they did an HPI check for me, I found out that it's actually a 1998 R reg, not 1997 P. (It's on Irish Plates)

So, 1998 R Reg UK n/a GT T-bar

Full service history

77,000 miles

Immaculate.

Brand new clutch: lifetime guaranty(sp?)

Brand new cambelt.

As posted earlier, an AA valuation is £6800.

AA say it's worth £6800 ?

Is that dealer price/private ?... or just in general ?

There is a site somewhere that tells you what you should exepect to get for your car if you were to sell it. Can't remember where tho...

www.parkers.co.uk

check there...I aint got time to look now so let us know what it says...Thats where a lot of the insurance companies go to for valuations...

According to What Car? valuation its worth....

Prices

Dealer £6,470

Private £6,082

Part Ex £5,019

Trade £4,931

Cost New £23,705

Rash

Personally - just see what cars of the similar age/mileage are doing in the Autotrader and price it along them lines....

IMHO i think most of these valuation thingies are no good for cars over 5 years old.... as you get cars that are worth more (due to market value/demand/rarity)

but not valued in books such as parker's and Glass's guide...

Prime example is my Supra TT - Top book price for retail was £8k..... i sold it for £10k

Rash

Talking of eBay.. I have messed up by non-payer twice in a roll... It is better off selling through autotrader.

As per www.parkers.co.uk

Linky

Toyota MR2 Coupe

GT T-Bar Sports 2d 1998/R

Average mileage: 60,000 miles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Price £ 23630

Dealer Retail £ 6420

Private Good £ 6155

Private Poor £ 4655

Trade £ 5565

Regards to selling it and getting a turbo mr2.. why?

Potential power outputs maybe :P

Have you looked in AutoTrader, there arent many 2's at the prices quoted in parkers and what car. When I was looking for my car I found that the ones being sold at the book price were generally a bag of :censor: anyway.

You car will be worth what someone else is willing to pay for it and not whats in the book, I agree with Rash, check the Auto Trader.

I drive a 200SX (s14) when I was looking for a car to replace my Rev1 NA ..

It was slow, less room for the driver, and felt very truck like ..

I got back in my Rev1 to drive home and thought I'd rather have the 2 ..

I'm not looking for an sx anymore either.... I'm thinking of taking a bit of a break to Australia. Get a working visa.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links