Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

She's Home!

Lisa H

Finally after waiting two very long weeks she's home and I love her! :wub:

It's a shame it was raining when I drove her home but still great to drive.

post-112176-0-78292200-1315247404_thumb.

post-112176-0-81194000-1315247429_thumb.

post-112176-0-32283900-1315247360_thumb.

She looks great Lisa, bet your very proud. Thanks for sharing the photo"s. I think might put the lower garnish (chrome strip on rear) as MR T likes to call it on mine.

Are you thinking of changing it in any way?

David

Finally after waiting two very long weeks she's home and I love her! :wub:

It's a shame it was raining when I drove her home but still great to drive.

Very nice, indeed... :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. I really like the chrome garnish strips to, think they finish her off nicely.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with her. I'll maybe get some ideas off here.. :thumbsup:

Lisa

Talking of rear chrome garnish for the iq,I,ve just ordered a none-OME one from a German E/Bay for my Urban cruiser as Toyota don.t do one for it. It cost me 21 euros + 5 euros PP, got last Saturday, self adhesive (3m tape to bodywork). Dead easy to fit you,ve just to make sure you line it up properly, it looks superb just adds a bit of bling to the rear door. They do it in bright or dull chrome,just the job!!!

Regards Clare

Just to let you know that it exists:

Halfords Chrome Bodywork Trim 8mm

The Halfords Chrome Bodywork Trim is an 8mm wide bodywork trim, ideal for interior or exterior use. It is easy to fit, with a self-adhesive backing and it is simply cut to the required size.

features & benefits of Halfords Chrome Bodywork Trim

Self adhesive

8mm x 4metres

Cut-to-fit

Suitable for interior & exterior use

It is very handy / can be used every where...

Her some pictures of a colleague who has used this Halfords chrome-strip...

DSC05947.jpg

DSC05948.jpg

Compared to original Toyota it is very cheap..

Greets,

Peter

She looks very nice. I wanted White myself, but because I wanted an iQ3 with leather, navigation and auto, I ended up buying an ex demo in Grey with Silver Stripes. I purchased the Black side rubbing strips and sprayed them Silver to match. The only other extra I purchased and fitted were front mudflaps. I also purchased at the same time, rear mudflaps and the cargo net. I cannot fit the rear mudflaps because I have the rear valance. So this is up for offers if any of you guys want them. They would be simple to fit without the valance. They cost £26. I'm not going to fit the cargo net either if someone wants it. That was £32.

Rear chrome strip looks good,but not over enhammered with the front. Front really does look like a DIY job.Sorry

Regards Clare

She looks very nice. I wanted White myself, but because I wanted an iQ3 with leather, navigation and auto, I ended up buying an ex demo in Grey with Silver Stripes. I purchased the Black side rubbing strips and sprayed them Silver to match. The only other extra I purchased and fitted were front mudflaps. I also purchased at the same time, rear mudflaps and the cargo net. I cannot fit the rear mudflaps because I have the rear valance. So this is up for offers if any of you guys want them. They would be simple to fit without the valance. They cost £26. I'm not going to fit the cargo net either if someone wants it. That was £32.

I know that one guy has gotten it to work.. The back valance and the rear mudflaps. Hy took some part of the mudflap away so it would fit... It's silly though that Toyota sells this and it does not fit.

@Manxrav ... thats OK.. it's just to show you a different way to Rome... (more roads and so :) )

You know I put it on my front grill.... just by sticking it on the front end... very easy...... clean very good at first!!!

Aparte-chroom-.jpg

I know that one guy has gotten it to work.. The back valance and the rear mudflaps. Hy took some part of the mudflap away so it would fit... It's silly though that Toyota sells this and it does not fit.

@Manxrav ... thats OK.. it's just to show you a different way to Rome... (more roads and so :) )

You know I put it on my front grill.... just by sticking it on the front end... very easy...... clean very good at first!!!

Aparte-chroom-.jpg

I had seen that. I am a perfectionist though and I'm quite handy at doing things, but you would have to cut the plastic at odd angles. So I'm not going to fit them.

I had seen that. I am a perfectionis though and I'm quite handy at doing things, but you would have to cut the plastic at odd angles. So I'm not going to fit them.

I am trying to understand what you are saying.. :huh:

"You are quite handy" .. uuhh yes... ... So, you have to cut the plastic... sowhat??.. thats easy! And it's very cheap!!

I really know for sure you are much "handier" than I am... and it really is no trouble at all... You measure the length and cut it with a bladeknife. Thats it...

Only one part you have to bend it... but that's easy..

And also the dark background helps you to not see any flaws ...

On the other hand...

I have seen "spray-painted" silver/aluminum grills .... that was nice too.. but not that very high gloss "chromish" .. :)

I had seen that. I am a perfectionis though and I'm quite handy at doing things, but you would have to cut the plastic at odd angles. So I'm not going to fit them.

I am trying to understand what you are saying.. :huh:

"You are quite handy" .. uuhh yes... ... So, you have to cut the plastic... sowhat??.. thats easy! And it's very cheap!!

I really know for sure you are much "handier" than I am... and it really is no trouble at all... You measure the length and cut it with a bladeknife. Thats it...

Only one part you have to bend it... but that's easy..

And also the dark background helps you to not see any flaws ...

On the other hand...

I have seen "spray-painted" silver/aluminum grills .... that was nice too.. but not that very high gloss "chromish" .. :)

I'm still not going to cut them as I think they are more important on the front.

On the other hand ..

My silver side strips are matt. They are not gloss. Neither are the stripes over the bonnet, roof & boot. They were already on the iQ when I brought it.

Peter, that chrome on the front grille does look good in my opnion. So all you do is buy a roll of Chrome "tape" and cut to the required size?

Me thinks I might have a go on the front lower grille of my Urban cruiser,Many thanks for heads-up advice. I know Cobra-de do one for the front of the iq and U/C but they cost an arm and a leg to buy.

Regards Clare :thumbsup:

Peter, that chrome on the front grille does look good in my opnion. So all you do is buy a roll of Chrome "tape" and cut to the required size?

Me thinks I might have a go on the front lower grille of my Urban cruiser,Many thanks for heads-up advice. I know Cobra-de do one for the front of the iq and U/C but they cost an arm and a leg to buy.

Regards Clare :thumbsup:

YEP.. yes Claire... :yes: That's really all to it...

I bought it at Halfords.. a shop for car and bicycles and phone-stuff.... It has cost me € 15.99 and the art.nmbr. is 250213.. / SY CP098 It is available in different widths / I have 9mm now and a rol of 8 meters.

Official name is "Autostyle" Chrome DecoStrips... available in the width of 4mm, 6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 16mm, 20mm and 32mm. The last 2 are 5 meters and 2,5 meters long.

In the name SY CP098, the last 3 digits represend the width (09) and the length 5 (meters)... so the last one is SY CP325.. ;)

chrome.jpg

Peter

I'd be interested in the cargo net please. How much do you want (inc P+P)

Can you send me an email? toyota_owners@timtay.co.uk

£20 for the cargo net plus whatever the postage costs are.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links