Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheel Alignment

tony4

I need to do tracking on the wheel as soon as possible because the inner tyres worn out quite badly.

I've heard that our MR2 needs laser alignment. I wonder if you have any comment about it.

Question for Dame, where did you get the laser alignment done in Bath?

Thanks Dame.

Cheltenham is abit too far for me to go.

I have checked with the local Toyota Dealer, they confirm that they have the laser alignment and only cost £30. I wonder what's the difference.

The main difference is that I was having problems with the balancing of my wheels which Toyota couldn't resolve. Powerstation did - it turned out to be some badly fitting wheels spacers which Toyots should have spotted really!

Thanks Dame.

Cheltenham is abit too far for me to go.

I have checked with the local Toyota Dealer, they confirm that they have the laser alignment and only cost £30. I wonder what's the difference.

The difference is this:

A tracking check looks only at the toe settings of the front wheels, a 4 wheel laser alignment checks the toe and camber of all four wheels and gives a far better indication of the state of your chassis. I have mine done once a year, as the mk3 is ridiculously sensitive to alignment and tyre pressures. So much so that it only takes 1 or 2 psi to turn it from a go-kart into a tail happy pig. The transformation after alignment is incredible. The mk2 is a bit heavier and wont be quite so sensitive, but it'll still make a noticeable difference, and improve your handling no end.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links