Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Service Plan

Lisa H

I picked up my 2009 IQ2 yesterday and the sales man recommended I sign up to Toyota's 3 year service plan at £650 for three years or £20.31 a month.

Has anyone else done this? Is it worthwhile or best just to pay each year?

Thanks all

I picked up my 2009 IQ2 yesterday and the sales man recommended I sign up to Toyota's 3 year service plan at £650 for three years or £20.31 a month.

Thanks all

Think your going to get a lot of answers to this in the morning when people wake up

David

Thanks all

I would recommend the service plan. I got it for my Yaris,it costs me £9.70 per month,although I took the plan out just before the VAT went up. There is no extra charge for paying in installments.I had already paid for the first service separately,so now my service plan will even cover the 'big' service when the car turns 4. It actually works out cheaper to have the service plan rather than buying each service individually each year,without a service plan. As you already know it covers items such as any oils,fluids etc used,but not tyres/wipers as these are 'wear and tear' items.

The Toyota company already gives a 3 year warranty. It stays with the car, also when the owner changes. Only the car has to be serviced by an official dealer.

You can by 2 years extra from Toyota. I have done this already.. not sure it is a good decision now I think of it....

Or do I understand that you bye "in front" for 3 years servicing?? It puzzles me, what is offered to you. :huh:

Explain some more about this... or make a copy of the paper for us, please...

Peter

PS 1)

Could be that because the car is 2 years old... it still has 1 year standard warranty and PLUS the extra 2 years... it makes a total of 3 years...

If this is the case I surely recommend this for you.. :yes: I do not think it is possible to do this by year. You can make the decision for the 2 extra years on the last day of the 3 years lifespan of the car!

PS 2)

If it is just for coming servicing (the maintenance intervals) I would not recommend it. :no:

Pay the service as it happens..

Otherwise you are just lending him money and you do not know what the stability is if this business.. I mean ... He can go bankrupt :excl:

If your IQ has had it's warranty extended to 3 years from now then it would be wise to take a service plan out, but you would only need 2 services assuming it has just been done, to take it to the end of the 3 years and then you can have it serviced by some reliable but much cheaper place.

You don't have to have it serviced by Toyota to keep the warranty valid, but it must be serviced properly by a VAT registered garage.

If the warranty hasn't been extended then I don't see much advantage in sticking with a Toyota service plan.

They are expensive places to get your car serviced.Every 2nd service can cost over £300.

If you do want to have it serviced by Toyota then I would definitely take out a service plan.It freezes the costs and makes everything so much easier..no payment over the counter hassles etc.

Don't pay it year by year per service at the dealership, it is big money to fork out in a lump!

By the way the Toyota service plans are Toyota backed and managed by a third party finance company, so you don't need to worry about the dealership going bust, as long as you sign up to a Toyota service plan and not one supplied just by your dealership.

By the way the Toyota service plans are Toyota backed and managed by a third party finance company, so you don't need to worry about the dealership going bust, as long as you sign up to a Toyota service plan and not one supplied just by your dealership.

Thanks for the info... :)

Peter

Thanks all.

It has one year warranty left and the garage have just completed the 20K service (but not stamped the book)must chase that up!

Its just for a 3 year service plan at a fixed cost. Because of my low annual mileage it will have to be serviced every 12 months.

I think unless I get a true list of exactly what I can expect to be carried out at the service I won't be bothering.

Hi Lisa.

If you are in a position to, or know some one to have a quick look, check the pollen filter which easily slides out and the air filter which can be viewed by undoing a couple of clips in the engine bay.The reason I say this is because there are plenty of people on here (myself included) who having bought a car from the dealer and having been told its just been serviced and the service book stamped,Find it hasn't really been done and have clogged filters etc.Reason it costs them money for pollen filters etc and they hope you won't notice.20k miles who knows whats been changed. Just don't trust them.

David

Hi Lisa.

If you are in a position to, or know some one to have a quick look, check the pollen filter which easily slides out and the air filter which can be viewed by undoing a couple of clips in the engine bay.The reason I say this is because there are plenty of people on here (myself included) who having bought a car from the dealer and having been told its just been serviced and the service book stamped,Find it hasn't really been done and have clogged filters etc.Reason it costs them money for pollen filters etc and they hope you won't notice.20k miles who knows whats been changed. Just don't trust them.

David

I have to agree with you .... on my bill they also put the filling of the windshield liquid (something like 1/2 liter or so = some €) ... witch I had filled to the top, before giving the car for service..... :angry:

Peter

I have to agree with you .... on my bill they also put the filling of the windshield liquid (something like 1/2 liter or so = some €) ... witch I had filled to the top, before giving the car for service..... :angry:

Peter

Yes,that has happened a few times to me too!

Even having a list of the work supposed to be done doesn't mean it will happen.

I have mentioned this before, apologies for saying it again..and it is not just Toyota dealerships that may do this:

You ring up and ask for a quote for a 2year/20K service, get quoted £320, ouch.

You take the car in, they look at the mileage and see it has done say 14k.

They know for example that the brakes will not be worn out in that mileage, so just give a quick look see and a drive round the parking lot to check them.Full brake inspection will be part of the quote.

The pollen filter should be clean so they don't even check it (certainly in my case)Replacement should be part of the quote.

They may or may not change the brake fluid, but in most cases it will be part of the quote.

Then they do the health and safety check, but as I said before my car was taken in during the snow and slush of last winter and they said it was too dirty to check it, then they cleaned it (but still didn't check it).This check is part of the quote.

All that is fine to a point, but if they know a low mileage car will not need a full wheel removal brake service, or a pollen filter change it would be really nice if they were to ring you up and say "apologies we over quoted for the service, all we need to do is change the oil and filter and check a few things so we will not be charging the full amount"

Fat chance.

And that is what annoys me.How anyone can justify £300 for changing an oil filter and oil and a few checks, defeats me.

I will certainly be taking the wheels off and doing a brake check and clean service on mine every year because I know the brakes on my previous two year old IQ were never touched by the garage...and then they discover rear disc brake set ups cause problems if not maintained properly...and who is not doing the maintenance properly then...?

If you get a quote for a service get a specific list of everything that will be done for your money, and make sure it has been done and if not get a reduction on the bill.

Sounds expensive, I've had a quote from my local dealership for £14.99 a month for 3 years.

I've not taken them up on it however.

Sounds expensive, I've had a quote from my local dealership for £14.99 a month for 3 years.

I've not taken them up on it however.

How old is the car they quoted you on and how many miles a year out of interest?

• 2 weeks later...

The car is 8 months old, quoted on 10,000 a year.

Blimey, my Auris SR180 (which I traded in for a new IQ 2) was only costing me £18 per month on a service plan. I was kinda hoping the IQ was going to lower my costs...!

The car is 8 months old, quoted on 10,000 a year.

My IQ is 2009 and quoted on 7,000 a year

It all sounds like think up a price. I bought my 59 plate in june this year and was quote for 10,000miles £12 bought a corolla verso a week later, same conditions and that was £14 a month

David

It all sounds like think up a price. I bought my 59 plate in june this year and was quote for 10,000miles £12 bought a corolla verso a week later, same conditions and that was £14 a month

David

David, The dealers do not just "think up a price"

The IQ and the Corolla Verso are very much different cars and the content and cost of servicing them is quite different

That is the reason for your different quotes on servicing plans

I understand the differance in the cost between the iQ abd the verso. But was really compairing the difference between Lisa H's original statement that she was quoted £20.21 a month to my £12 a month for the same cover.

David

I understand the differance in the cost between the iQ abd the verso. But was really compairing the difference between Lisa H's original statement that she was quoted £20.21 a month to my £12 a month for the same cover.

David

Over what time period though? 24m will cost more than 60 etc.

OK Dug out the service plan which is called Plan 4 It seems its over 4yrs But covers 4yrs of service 2012,2013,2014 and 2015. I referenced it to 10,000 miles each year Its a iQ2 59 plate bought it @ 12,000 miles.

Total cost of the plan £552.15 First payment was £12.93 then 43 @ £12.54..The calculation of multiplying the weeks comes to £552.15 No interest is added.

I think what I was trying to point out Lisa gets 3yrs cover for £650 where I get 4yrs cover for £552. If you multiply £20.31 x 36 it = £731.16 If its £650+vat @ 20% that = a total of £780. ( so not sure whats happened there)

Mine is £460.12 + vat = £552 total for 4ys cover

The company running the plan on behalf of Toyota is called EMaC Limited

Does this make sense or have I lost my mind It is possible

David

Does this make sense or have I lost my mind

Yes... ha ha ha ... :yes:

OK Dug out the service plan which is called Plan 4 It seems its over 4yrs But covers 4yrs of service 2012,2013,2014 and 2015. I referenced it to 10,000 miles each year Its a iQ2 59 plate bought it @ 12,000 miles.

Total cost of the plan £552.15 First payment was £12.93 then 43 @ £12.54..The calculation of multiplying the weeks comes to £552.15 No interest is added.

I think what I was trying to point out Lisa gets 3yrs cover for £650 where I get 4yrs cover for £552. If you multiply £20.31 x 36 it = £731.16 If its £650+vat @ 20% that = a total of £780. ( so not sure whats happened there)

Mine is £460.12 + vat = £552 total for 4ys cover

The company running the plan on behalf of Toyota is called EMaC Limited

Does this make sense or have I lost my mind It is possible

David

Hi David

No you haven't lost it ..yet

I understand exactly what you meant and yes my quote was very expensive, especially in comparison to yours!

Cheers Lisa

Is it run by the same company? Is it because your in lancs and i'm in prehaps the more competative london

David

David

David, The dealers do not just "think up a price"

The IQ and the Corolla Verso are very much different cars and the content and cost of servicing them is quite different

That is the reason for your different quotes on servicing plans

To be honest £2 a month isn't a massive amount more.

The service schedules will both involve replacing the oil and filter as a minimum, with the quantities involved being the only difference.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links