Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting Amp To Yaris Query

chunky_tesco

Hi

I've posted earlier about fitting an amp and just need some clarification. I have a Yaris 03 T2, and have replaced the dash Speakers with Sony SONY XSF 1023 (110W max power) and now want to fit door Speakers and an amp.

What sort of Speakers should I go for - powerwise considering the dash speakers. I think they will also share the same L/R channel as the head unit does not have a fader, so does this I mean I go for a 2 or 4 channel amp?

I've already fitted a CD changer so I WILL NOT be considering replacing the head unit.

Any pointers will be helpful

Thanx

think they will also share the same L/R channel as the head unit does not have a fader,

are you sure?

i can only compare to the standard unit in the pre-face lift tsport, and it does had a fader control, and the dash Speakers are front, the doors rear.

i'm trying to think of the top of me head how u get to the fader option on the head unit control. ermm, !Removed! hell i'm getting old.

i think you press the same button you would to change the bass, and then you can press the < and > keys to go throuhg different options.

someone help me out here!!! :help:

it does have a fader and youll need an amp that uses HIGH LEVEL input to utalise this

are you fitting rear Speakers?? before i comment more on the amp?

• 2 weeks later...

use a 2 channel with a crossover for the Speakers

mids in doors, tweets on dash

outta interest ive bought an alpine head unit with 4x60w pre outs and some infinite 6x9s that are 300w max, would i need an amp to enable these Speakers to reach there full potential if so what power?

also i havent yet upgreaded the front four Speakers (the door and dash ones) what wattage are these and would i need to fade it so that they arnt recieving as much power as the rear 6x9s cos im not sure what the dor and dash Speakers can handle.

eventually i want to upgrade the front 4 speakers, considering the power of the 6x9s (300w max) what speakers would i have to get, id be goin for componants

thanks alot :D

for the door Speakers min 60W unless you want to amp them

to run you 6x9 at 'full potential' then an amp no more than 300W

the headunit will run the yaris Speakers although it will wreck them if you play it loud for a long time as they cant take more the 20W

only amp your 6x9s if not using a sub, otherwise it will sound crap.

ideally use a 4ch to run a set of comps in the front, a sub in boot and run the 6x9's off the original headunit rear channel

huh? not 60W even though it has 4x60W pre outs?

now tyey are only rated at roughly 17w

my headunit made them sing at first but eventually nailed em

so is it wrong to have a Kenwood 4x47W powering Audiobahn 85W RMS Door Speakers?

no thats fine

47w dont exceed 85w does it!

but if that same unit was running the original doors Speakers at 17w then thats 276% overloaded!

Thanks for the pointers guys.

After looking around I have 2 choices

a) Sony XM-444 4-channel amp

Infinity 5002i - 5" composite

The infinities go in the doors and keeping my existing sony dash Speakers, maybe biasing the bass to the infinities, and high to the sonys

OR

B ) Sony Sony XM-222 2 Channel Amplifier

Speakers - Infinity Ref 5000cs - 5" Component set inc crossovers

This way the sonys in the dash sort of become redundant.

Any thoughts? thanx

ditch the sonys and use a component set

youll be messing around otherwise

thanks youve been very helpful, also i was annoyed today as i had my headunit fitting, by a fitting company that Halfords use when they are unable to fit something themselves,

when the bloke came round he took one look at my yaris and sed theres no way thats goin in there i was very annoyed, he sed i need a fascia but auto leads dnt do one

but i had a look and i think ive found one, i just wondered if u guys could have a look and tell me if u reckon this could get my headunit fitted in

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id+1679

would i need to buy any leads aswell, thanks

toyota actually do a different dash part as its been recently found and you then use a facia adaptor from autoleads thats designed for the RAV 4!

and it drops straight in.

trust me ive been to Halfords and had them say 'it cant be done' with a yaris. then showed them! oooooooooooh the gloat factor...........

o rite so if i get this fascia adapter from Halfords all i will need is an adapter from autoleads for the RAV 4,

is this easy to fit?, will i have to do it myself? and how much would a facia set me back?

thanks

so would i need to go to my local toyota dealer for a dash part, just basically tell them that i want to fit a headunit, and then get a fascia adapter from autoleads for the toyota Rav 4 which wil fit in the yaris?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links