Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Illuminated Scuffs Plates

jwball

Has anyone fitted the illuminated scuff plates?

If so is it an easy job?

Hi there

I don't know if you have seen my projects on here, from centre internal light improvement to footwell lighting to complete change of every smd LED in all the consuls and dash,radio and doors from amber/orange to blue. Part of the footwell lighting required me to tap into the wiring loom in the passengers footwell.I used MR T's installation diagram. I would say it is one of the easiest items to install. It does mean removing the centre consul where the V shaped air/con unit is to get the cable from the driver side to the passenger side and cable tying it in place to stop it rattling . The panels come off easy usually by grabbing and pulling and you will need a 10mm ratchet spanner. The new cables are connected to the wiring loom by scotch connectors,green wire, black wire and purple/white wire. The green and black wires are the left and right door pin switches which are negative and the purple/white wire is common live positive. Have a look at my topic 'New project footwell lights' ,there are pic's on there showing my wires connected to the points you need. Hope this helps Btw the illuminated scuff panel's are self adhesive and the cable is lost under the section it is stuck on.

David

Thanks David I will look into this!

So long as you can grab and pull and use scotch connectors and are not colour blind lol, You can do this and much more

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links