Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New To The Iq And Forum, Question About Wheels

Wayne in the UK

Hi,

I've today put down a deposit on a 2008 Toyota iQ. I'm part exchanging my MINI so hoping it's a good move! :thumbsup:

Anyhow, I have a question about wheels and wondered if anyone can help :-)

Basically, I have a spare set of alloy wheels fitted with winter Tyres from my MINI. I couldn't believe my luck when I found out the tyre size on both cars is the same... 175/65/15 so that's great. However, after looking into it, it seems the actual alloy wheels may also fit, but I'm not 100% sure.

The MINI apparently has a PCD of 4x100 and an offset of 35-48. The iQ offset is also 35 and the PCD 4x100. However, apparently the "bore" on the MINI is approx. 57 whereas the iQ is approx. 54 according to Google. Does anyone know if the wheels I have are likely to fit or is it just a case of try it and see?

Hi,

I've today put down a deposit on a 2008 Toyota iQ. I'm part exchanging my MINI so hoping it's a good move! :thumbsup:

Anyhow, I have a question about wheels and wondered if anyone can help :-)

Basically, I have a spare set of alloy wheels fitted with winter Tyres from my MINI. I couldn't believe my luck when I found out the tyre size on both cars is the same... 175/65/15 so that's great. However, after looking into it, it seems the actual alloy wheels may also fit, but I'm not 100% sure.

The MINI apparently has a PCD of 4x100 and an offset of 35-48. The iQ offset is also 35 and the PCD 4x100. However, apparently the "bore" on the MINI is approx. 57 whereas the iQ is approx. 54 according to Google. Does anyone know if the wheels I have are likely to fit or is it just a case of try it and see?

You will have to order a "fill-ring" of 2,7 millimeter..... to compensate for the [ 57 minus 54,1 = 2,7 mm...] difference. There are shops where you can order them.

I bought mine here: http://www.speurders.nl/overzicht/autos-onderdelen/banden-velgen-en-sneeuwkettingen/centreerringen-naafringen-voor-alle-merken-velgen-94591842.html At the bottom you can see the necessary ring size: probably 57,1 - 54,1

Success, :)

Peter

Fantastic, thanks :toast:

I can see I'm going to like this forum. Once I sort the figures out properly and the car is 100% mine I'll get a fill ring ordered.

Can't wait for the iq :thumbsup:

Fantastic, thanks :toast:

I can see I'm going to like this forum. Once I sort the figures out properly and the car is 100% mine I'll get a fill ring ordered.

Can't wait for the iq :thumbsup:

You too...thanks... :blush:

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of a silly question. I have a set of alloys from another car and the screws fit, but the breaks scrape against the inside of the wheel. Is that the bore?? Can I buy a plate to fit in the middle or do I just make my own. There is plenty of screw left for the qheel nuts to grab onto, I would rather use my scabby old alloys for work then risk scraping my shiny iq ones.

I may be wrong but that sounds like the offset. You can buy wheel spacers to push the distance of the wheel away from the hub but something about those has never felt right to me... Something in between the hub and inner wheel always feels a bit dodgy to me.I

Cheers wayne, you're a star. Now to get me some. And I know just where to look.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links