Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Reservoir

mr ben

Any one know where the clutch reservoir is on the IQ as i cant see it?

Rob I have had a very good look through the the owners manual and there is no mention of it anywhere. No mention of the fluid spec used. As you know mine is a multi or I would have a hunt as well. Maybe its a kinda sealed unit.

David

It's a combined brake AND clutch reservoir, it is not seperate

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks Kingo,

If there was a clutch reservoir it would be somewhere you can access easy, even my Toyota service department did not know it was a combined reservoir until they asked the workshop manager.

David, I have the section on bleeding the clutch it is in the manual.

Rachelb

Thanks Kingo,

If there was a clutch reservoir it would be somewhere you can access easy, even my Toyota service department did not know it was a combined reservoir until they asked the workshop manager.

David, I have the section on bleeding the clutch it is in the manual.

Rachelb

Ha well when I said I had a really good look, I looked at the pictures and the index at the back

David

So when the brake fluid is changed every second service, as it is supposed to be, the clutch fluid is also changed, and that system will have to be bled as well.

Is that the case?

So when the brake fluid is changed every second service, as it is supposed to be, the clutch fluid is also changed, and that system will have to be bled as well.

Isn't this weird??

Looks impossible to me...

Brake fluid is hydrophilic... does not seem good for the clutch... clutch needs a greasing material...

Should be separate liquid!!

Peter

Isn't this weird??

Looks impossible to me...

Brake fluid is hydrophilic... does not seem good for the clutch... clutch needs a greasing material...

Peter

The hydraulic system part of the clutch is only fot the remote actuation of the release mechanism, so there is no need for any lubricant in the fluid at that stage.

A number of cars have a hydraulic clutch system, certainly my old MG does, but obviously a cable system is much simpler and cheaper to install and maintain and is more popular these days with manufacturers.

Just got my car back on Friday after the recall (brake master cylinder and tubs). A new master cylinder was fitted; I called them to ask if the cultch needed to be bled as they must have had to change the brake fluid with new fluid. I was told that the clutch was not bled. I find this strange any suggestions?

rachelb

Just got my car back on Friday after the recall (brake master cylinder and tubs). A new master cylinder was fitted; I called them to ask if the cultch needed to be bled as they must have had to change the brake fluid with new fluid. I was told that the clutch was not bled. I find this strange any suggestions?

rachelb

Maybe the single master cylinder is split into two internal sections, one supplying the brakes and the other the clutch.

So draining and replacing the fluid in one part should not affect the fluid in the other part.

So no need to bleed the clutch if the brake fluid is changed.

Its just a reservoir, if no air gets into the clutch line then it does not need bleeding, it would require somebody pumping the clutch with the reservoir empty in order to get air in it

Peter

Nope, thats why its called brake and clutch fluid, a common fluid used for braking and clutch cylinder systems

Its just a reservoir, if no air gets into the clutch line then it does not need bleeding, it would require somebody pumping the clutch with the reservoir empty in order to get air in it

You are right, of course!

No need to start the car, I cant see the point of doing it TBH

The brake fluid is changed every two years but the clutch cylinder does not do the same amount of hard work, for what it would take, you could just pump it a few times to replenish the fluid, it will take very little fluid to do it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links