Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash Lights On Ae92

TOYMOTA

:help:

I've just noticed that 1 or 2 bulbs behind my rev-counter and engine temp gague have died.

I have no idea how to get behind the unit without taking screws out on a trial and error basis.

Anyone out there got any ideas as to how to do it?

What kind of bulbs are they??

Does it take ages to do??

1, first look under the dash on the drivers side. yo will see 4 screws either side of the steering column remove these. then move the lower trim downwards (will move far enough for step 2)

2, pull the surround that fits around the heater ,controls this is just cliped in remove the connectors for the fag lighter/tray noting their positions for re-fitting also remove the fog and heated rear window swtches.

3, remove the 6 screws from the trim above the clocks, disconnect the hazzard warning switch.

4, in the engine bay, undo the speedo cable (from the joint nearest the bulkhead not the gearbox)

5, back in the car undo the screws holding the clocks in, pull forward (putting the steering column at its lowest setting helps). at the back of the clocks undo the four wiring plugs (note positions for re fitting). feel around the speedo cable and find the button/latch, squeeze it and pull cable from speedo.remove clocks

6, 5 illumination bulbs are wedge base type (same as side light) but have a blue sheath so maybe toyota only.

7, refitting is reverse of removal.

if you want to be a bit flash you can always get some coloured led's from ace parts.

just a note its best to replace all the bulbs as its a bit of a long job to keep doing :thumbsup:

Cheers for that Dawsey, sounds like a :censor: nightmare to do but should last me a whole weekend!!! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links