Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cb Antenna

Tx2

I am a licensed amateur radio operator, but I also like to "rag chew" with local operators as opposed to contacting other stations worldwide. I would like to put a small CB type radio in the IQ, but, for the life of me, I can't see how I could mount an antenna. Don't really want a mag mount as over time it could excessively mark the paintwork; would prefer a boot/lip mount, but I don't see anywhere that has enough 'lip' on which to mount. The rear tailgate has, at the top, but not a lot of clearance between the top of the door and the roof when open, which would pose a problem.

And there is NO WAY I am drilling a hole in my little "fugly"

Any ideas?

I am a licensed amateur radio operator, but I also like to "rag chew" with local operators as opposed to contacting other stations worldwide. I would like to put a small CB type radio in the IQ, but, for the life of me, I can't see how I could mount an antenna. Don't really want a mag mount as over time it could excessively mark the paintwork; would prefer a boot/lip mount, but I don't see anywhere that has enough 'lip' on which to mount. The rear tailgate has, at the top, but not a lot of clearance between the top of the door and the roof when open, which would pose a problem.

Any ideas?

Hi TX2

You don't say what band you want to use. I am assuming its either 2mtrs or 70cm. I don't suppose your talking 28mhz Have you considered through glass antenna"s like this link.http://www.k1cra.com/catalog/product.aspx?productID=1698 Its dual band. Probably available in the UK. I did recently get a loaded whip to resonate an the roof of my iQ on 1350khz testing for a restricted service license.

David

post-109788-0-51500700-1316883949_thumb.

post-109788-0-86300900-1316883986_thumb.

Any ideas?

Hi TX2

You don't say what band you want to use. I am assuming its either 2mtrs or 70cm. I don't suppose your talking 28mhz Have you considered through glass antenna"s like this link.http://www.k1cra.com/catalog/product.aspx?productID=1698 Its dual band. Probably available in the UK. I did recently get a loaded whip to resonate an the roof of my iQ on 1350khz testing for a restricted service license.

David

Oops, I guess I did omit a rather critical requirement.... I am talking HF, predominantly 25 - 30Mhz, aka 12, 11 and 10 metres. So, generally antenna's of circa 9' in length. One thing I don't want to do, is turn "Fugly" into a bumper car look-alike though! The more I look into it, the less likely I think I am going to make it happen. A practical option would be a tow bar type mount with a tank whip, but then we really are getting into the realms of "bumper car" !!

Any ideas?

Hi TX2

David

Oops, I guess I did omit a rather critical requirement.... I am talking HF, predominantly 25 - 30Mhz, aka 12, 11 and 10 metres. So, generally antenna's of circa 9' in length. One thing I don't want to do, is turn "Fugly" into a bumper car look-alike though! The more I look into it, the less likely I think I am going to make it happen. A practical option would be a tow bar type mount with a tank whip, but then we really are getting into the realms of "bumper car" !!

Well to be honest I think its the only way your going to do it.If you wanted to use it every day on you work journeys then you would be a bumper car But for mobile park up at key locations say on holiday you can get a tow bar with clip on adaptor..But is it worth it?

I have a license but still think the RF spectrum is for me to use as long as i don't interfere with anyone else.

Yes I was at the 1968 Free Radio Rally in Hyde Park.

David

David

Any ideas?

Hi TX2

David

That's quite a loading coil! Did you have to anchor the car down in anything more than a light breeze? I rarely go below 40metres to be honest, and will get a drive on mast support for stuff like that, but for general park up and chat stuff (12 - 10mtrs) it would be nice to have a whip on the car.

Any ideas?

Hi TX2

David

That's quite a loading coil! Did you have to anchor the car down in anything more than a light breeze? I rarely go below 40metres to be honest, and will get a drive on mast support for stuff like that, but for general park up and chat stuff (12 - 10mtrs) it would be nice to have a whip on the car.

its quite difficult to tune lots of inductance gives a bandwidth of 20khz so ok for medium wave. needs a capacitance hat really to get that inductance down. I ran 800w pep into it you should of seen the corona totally lethal but what fun.

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links