Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Goodbye Aygo - Hello Iq

DazIQ

Said goodbye to my 2008 Aygo MMT and put my deposit down on a new IQ.

5 year warranty , 2 free services and almost the same repayments made it a no brainer.

Look forward to posting more when I get it.

5 year warranty , 2 free services and almost the same repayments made it a no brainer.

Darren, your going to love it. I still go out on un-neccasarry journey's just to drive it.

David

I did the same, but went from an Auris SR180 to an IQ - big jump, and don't regret it in the slightest! Yes, I miss the skin tightening acceleration of the SR180, and the touch screen audio/sat nav.... but hey, I have a 5 year warranty, 2 years servicing, £0 road tax, cheaper insurance, lower running costs and most of all, a REALLY, REALLY fun car to drive! And the reality is, the IQ has all the other driver comforts the SR180 had (air con etc).

And the SR180 was just "the car".... the IQ has been given a name by the family. It is affectionately known as "Fugly". We all love it.

Darren, your going to love it. I still go out on un-neccasarry journey's just to drive it.

David

So do I!

My job entails me travelling to central london from time to time and another bonus is no congestion charge. Got to say I do like the new colour scheme interior, nothing against plum but its not for me.

David

So do I!

So do i lol :thumbsup::yahoo: i have now done 15000 miles in 14 months :eek:

what color did you go for and Grade

Same for my "full options Toyota Previa Aut Exec" with electric sliding doors and leather captain-seats, rearview camera and navigation..... 8 kilometer per liter avg ...

Well ... turns out ...

Best move ever ... 1) Fun 2) much more miles per gallon 3) Fun 4) and FUN ... eh? ... did I say that already? ... Fun? :)

From April 2010 till now: 18.000 kilometers ...

Peter

Three years ago I traded my 2 year old Aygo, which I loved, in for one of the first IQs and the difference is amazing and well worth the move.

I am now on my second IQ and recently had an Aygo courtesy car for a day and couldn't wait to get back to the IQ.

It is strange how the IQ seems to make you want to be in it and driving it, although it is by no means a fast or a particularly exciting car to drive.

It has a fun factor and oodles of character though.

The story goes like this - my wife decided to sell her volvo s40 as it was costing too much to run - she found a silver IQ basic spec cvt with parking sensors and less that 2000 miles. She went for a test drive on her own and loved it. She wanted my opinion so I went for a drive in it the next day and I could not believe the difference in quality compared to my Aygo. The Aygo has been a good workhorse but the mmt gearbox was starting to annoy me (like changing into 3rd gear on a roundabout) + the noise on the motorway was intrusive and the constant worry of leaks. So I thought sod it I would get one myself - went to look at a 59 reg white basic spec manual with 10K miles that was up for £7995 - nice car and drove better that I thought (read the complaints about notchy 2nd gear)) but there were scratches to the interior and it was plum coloured which I am not keen on....so in the showroom I say what can you do for me on a new one?

Used = £7995 - 1 yr warranty - £150 FREE fuel

New - £9995 - 5 yr warranty + 2 free services

So I decided to by a New basic spec manual Pearl White for the extra £2k ,it makes much more sense to get the warranty and services + the new interior!

So come the next two weeks there will be his and her IQs on the drive ;) :rolleyes:

I often just look out of the window to admire it. I get asked about it at least twice a week. I went to a dance championship for one of the girls, looked out the window and there were 4 people looking around it. I was having the car hand washed the other day and an old chappie got out of his jag and came over and said he wanted a car like mine to tow behind his caravavan. After praisimg it, he wanted ome there and then. So he followed me to the MR T dealer and went in to buy one!!!

David

Mine is a 59 white pearl IQ2play model and I love it!

Lisa,

Have you done anything to it yet? like stuck on door trims etc

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links