Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing & Warranty

chezwot

Does the iQ have to be serviced by a Toyota dealer to maintain the warranty?

No car has to be serviced by the main dealer HOWEVER it MUST be serviced in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations. If you do use an independant, then I always suggest you use genuine parts, quality oils, and keep any receipts, have the garage give you a copy of the service tick sheet, signed by the technician who did the work. If you ever need to make a warranty claim in the future, you MUST prove the car has been serviced according to spec, so keep everything

Kingo :thumbsup:

No car has to be serviced by the main dealer HOWEVER it MUST be serviced in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations. If you do use an independant, then I always suggest you use genuine parts, quality oils, and keep any receipts, have the garage give you a copy of the service tick sheet, signed by the technician who did the work. If you ever need to make a warranty claim in the future, you MUST prove the car has been serviced according to spec, so keep everything

Many thanks Kingo, I have another question that you can probably answer. I live in Portugal and have just purchased my 2010 iQ from a non-Toyota dealer. I understand that the iQ was recalled in 2010 for a brake mod, I have put the VIN number of my car into the UK Toyota database to see if it was one of the cars recalled but it does not recognise the number, probably because the car is Portuguese registered. The global Toyota website does not appear to offer the facility, neither does the Portuguese website, so how can I confirm whether or not it was included in the recall?

The UK website will only show UK registered cars. Your best route would be to contact Toyota Portugal, they will have a list of vehicles affected in your country, they might not have a "checker" but if you email them, they will know

Many thanks, I did so on Friday but this is Portugal and it may take a week or two for them to reply B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links