Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Indicator Light

bishkekkat

Recently, the parking brake indicator light in my 2000 Corolla started coming on at odd times -- sometimes when I am braking in the normal course of driving and sometimes while I am travelling a fairly high sppeds. It goes back off after a while, but I haven't been able to figure out what is triggering it to come on or what causes it to go back off. My brakes seem to work fine.

I thought of looking in the Owner's Manual to see if this is a normal maintenance item (although it never happened in the 8 years I had my Tercel); but, unfortunately, I was out of the country for over a year and have been moving around since I got back, so I am not quite certain where the manual is at the moment.

Could someone give me an idea of what it may mean that that indicator light is coming on? Is it an electrical malfunction (I was in a fender bender recently, so it is possible a wire was shaken loose despite that there was no visible damage) or something with the brakes? Is it something else altogether? I don't know any shops in my area well enough to trust what they tell me without some knowledge, so I would appreciate any input before I take it in.

i had the same problem on my 1999 Corolla. the parking brake light comes on like that because you have low brake fluid and it will need changing or topping up. it could also be that your brake drums on the back need new brake shoes, that is if you dont have rear disc brakes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links