Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlight Bulbs Upgrade.

Corolla_XLI

For all the people who want to upgrade their headlight bulbs, best place to buy them is on http://www.ebay.co.uk (look for ones that are sold by extras4u) I've bought a set of brand new H4 bulbs which are made by the PIAA rival company Maruta Technologies, for £2 plus £4 postage. The same bulbs that are made by the PIAA will set you back at least £70! These bulbs kick ***** - the input is 65/55W and the output is 130/110W - this gives you a real HID look, and they light up the whole road! :yes:

Can't find any current auctions by xtras4u and eBay shows this member as no longer being a registered user, but I did find this email address which may or may not still be valid:

ebay@extras4u.com

Maybe worth emailing them for more info.

Also if you do a search on eBay for:

H4 bulbs

You get quites a few hits.

Thanks :thumbsup: I managed to get 2 H4 Hyper White HID bulbs 5000K 110/100W for 99p + £4.00 p&p B) Just got to wait for them to arrive now.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks  :thumbsup:  I managed to get 2 H4 Hyper White HID bulbs 5000K 110/100W for 99p + £4.00 p&p  B)  Just got to wait for them to arrive now.

Well they have arrived and they are 130/110 not 110/100 as shown in the auction. Anyway, a couple of questions:

1. are these legal to use?

and

2. is there anything I should consider, such as heat generated etc., before using them in my brand new Corolla, as the last thing I want to do melt something and the car catch fire :(

Thanks :thumbsup: I managed to get 2 H4 Hyper White HID bulbs 5000K 110/100W for 99p + £4.00 p&p B) Just got to wait for them to arrive now.

Do You want to use the H4-bulbs in a E12-Corolla ? If yes, You will have a problem. The bulbs will not fit. The E12 have no H4-bulbs. You will need H7-bulbs (2 per side) for the E12.

best regards, Eric

Thanks  :thumbsup:  I managed to get 2 H4 Hyper White HID bulbs 5000K 110/100W for 99p + £4.00 p&p  B)  Just got to wait for them to arrive now.

Do You want to use the H4-bulbs in a E12-Corolla ? If yes, You will have a problem. The bulbs will not fit. The E12 have no H4-bulbs. You will need H7-bulbs (2 per side) for the E12.

Bugger. Ho well, I believe that they are illegal to use anyway.

Thanks for advice, just got some of those bulbs in from eBay, well cheep got them for £1 then £4 postage can't complain ;)

Just having a few probs and i wonder how you guys that fitted these bulbs managed.

I have been trying my best to get the front light out, cant get in to the back to release the clips as on the left is what i think to be the brake servo? no room there on the right no luck either, so tried for ages to unscrew whole assembly

Have had no joy with this seems two screws once unscrewed don't release the light, any ideas how you can do this :(

Cheers :thumbsup:

hi the stock headlight bulbs on my Yarih is 55w. I want to replace them with 100 watt super white bulbs. Will these burn the bulb sockets? I read from somewhere that you need to replace the stock sockets with ceramic ones. Is this true? Anybody have any bad experience from replacing the stock bulbs with super white ones? thanks

4 all the people who are asking if the bulbs are legal or not the answer is that they are not E-marked - that means they are not necessary illegal, but don't quote me on that. I've had the bulbs for ages now and haven't been pulled over by the rozzers yet, so they must be legal.

By the way these bulbs get quite hot, so they are not designed to be put in cars with plastic headlight lenses(my e10 has glass headlights, so they are fine).

Aphelion, have a look inside your car manual how to change the bulbs - the space on E10 is pretty tight as well, but I didn't have to take the complete headlight assembly out!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links