Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Winter Tyres For Iq3

Mrs H

We had snow and ice quite badly here for the last two years, as most people did, and I found the IQ coped without any trouble, in fact I can hardly remember the wheels spinning much at any time, if at all. It felt very safe and predictable (on the standard tyres).

Probably due to the traction control and not too much torque available anyway.

We are used to these conditions here though, which helps.

The real problem was with other cars being abandoned by people who could not cope with the conditions and blocking the roads for everyone else, who would otherwise have been able to continue.

Lets hope it is not too bad this year.

Yes... you are quite right...

It's certainly a menace ...

All those people without winter-tires...

We have to swirrel around them... because they breakdown... and get stuck in 1 inch of snow...

We have to stop speeding... because they drive sooo slooow....

We have to take care when we step on the brakes.. so they do not collide in our back...

We can use the fast lane.. when everybody is slippering and sliding in the slow lane...

We catch up with the truck spilling out the salty rustforming substance...

We always come in at the right time... no delay... no excuse...

Yes... it's certainly a menace... a burden... a big price to pay... having winter-tires... :ffs: ha ha ha ... :D :D :D

Peter

We had snow and ice quite badly here for the last two years, as most people did, and I found the IQ coped without any trouble, in fact I can hardly remember the wheels spinning much at any time, if at all. It felt very safe and predictable (on the standard tyres).

Probably due to the traction control and not too much torque available anyway.

We are used to these conditions here though, which helps.

The real problem was with other cars being abandoned by people who could not cope with the conditions and blocking the roads for everyone else, who would otherwise have been able to continue.

Lets hope it is not too bad this year.

Yes... you are quite right...

It's certainly a menace ...

All those people without winter-tires...

We have to swirrel around them... because they breakdown... and get stuck in 1 inch of snow...

We have to stop speeding... because they drive sooo slooow....

We have to take care when we step on the brakes.. so they do not collide in our back...

We can use the fast lane.. when everybody is slippering and sliding in the slow lane...

We catch up with the truck spilling out the salty rustforming substance...

We always come in at the right time... no delay... no excuse...

Yes... it's certainly a menace... a burden... a big price to pay... having winter-tires... :ffs: ha ha ha ... :D :D :D

Peter

You are correct of course.

I should have added nearly 50 years of driving in seasonal winter conditions and some years stage rallying does help you glean enough skill to not find driving in snow and ice too difficult, in fact enjoyable as long as there is no-one else about to run into you.

For those without that sort of practice will find winter tyres helpful, but there is no substitute for experience.

I will not contibute to this thread again.

and some years stage rallying does help you glean enough skill ..... there is no substitute for experience.

Hmmm ... Nice ... rally .... really would like to hear more about your rally experiences....

And, Johnan, I seriously hope for more contributions of you ... here!!! Do not stop now ....

It was all meant in a humorous way .... Overdoing thus the meaning of winter-tires...

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Had my Falken Winter Tyres fitted to my iQ3 today at Helensburgh Toyota the total cost was £391.97 which included VAT and wheel balancing . No problem at all,the car was also washed ,polished and vacuumed out for me and the alloy wheels were cleaned too with the added bonus of storing the "Summer Tyres" for me for free, now that's great service and I am Completely Satisfied :thumbsup: and would recommend them without question now.

I'm looking at fitting my winters this weekend to my main car. (The iQ is my second car)

Fish

• 3 weeks later...

We are in a similar predicament, but what I'm trying to get confirmation of is whether the 1.3ltr IQ3 which came with 16" wheels can without issue be fitted with 15" wheels which briadens the options - apparently in Germany the IQ comes with 15" wheels as standard, but they couldn't confirm whether that also included the IQ3 with 1.3 engine, anyone on here have a definite answer to this question?

Welcome to the forum.

In the UK, the versions of iQ, iQ2 & iQ3 have the same size Discs (F 255mm,R 259mm)& Calipers

(rear drums when fitted made no difference to the wheels)

& the 15" iQ wheels fit on the iQ2 or iQ3.

Cant say about models in any other country, sorry.

george

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links