Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pics Of Silver Dash

Dame

I can't remember who asked for this (sorry, i think it was Bobby-H), but they wanted to see what a sprayed silver dash looks like. This is mine.......

silver.jpg

Only one piccy i'm afraid, I did this quickly this morning. it should give you and idea of what to expect.

I'm planning on spraying the ashtray and the insurument surround and the heating controls surround - though this will mean removal of all the indication labels. A summer job.

Thanks for the compliments guys :).

Fizz - I ised Foliatec paint (from Halfords for interior bits). There has been quite a lot of negative feedback about this paint on the forum, but I've had no problems with it at all. The key is preparation, throughly wash the parts to be painted (even small traces of oil will ruin it). Rub down the parts just to key the surface. Apply a few coats of primer, gently rubbing down any areas that look imperfect. Finally apply the top coat. Always apply several thin coats, and spray in a warm, dust free environment. I find it helps to heat up the aerosole can too.

It's very important to use a warm environment, free from mositure otherwise it can all go a bit pete tong. If you have a disaster, be patient, wait for the paint to dry then carefully rub down the bad areas. Reapply the paint. It will come good eventually. :)

Cheers for informative ...erm.. Info.. lol

I might look into it.. but 1st things 1st.. need a '2'... lol

Not long to wait now buddy :).

im in desperado mode now mate... :ph34r::lol:

looks good, I just got my hands on a new dash surround and gaitor suround bit... so I may have a go at colour coding !

Whoops, I think the orange may be a touchy subject ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links