Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Cd Player - Coins Inside !

dseven

My little 3yr old has managed to pop some coins into my CD Slot ! - now all interal electrics are off.

Dealer told me full new unit ! - surely not, any ideas as how to remove this so i can do a DIY job on it....

Many Thanks

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

I suspect if the electrics are shot a new unit is the only answer!

The benefits of having a 3 year old in the back spring to mind :yahoo:

Hi there as you may know I have taken nearly all the panels apart/off my iQ. I assume you have the standard CD installation and not the Satnav version. To remove the unit is quite simple it just doesn't look like it.

First you need to remove the front cover of the "V" shaped A/C climate unit.

This is done by placing your hand either side about half way up the 'V' and as you curl your fingers around the edge you will feel an indentation both sides.

Gripping it VERY firmly pull it forward towards you. It will seem its not going to go, thats because it has 4 Toyota clips holding it. The thing to remember is that you will NOT break it.

The bottom of the"V" usually gives way first then the top. The whole panel comes away as one. There is a small white plug to unclip.

Secondly Put your hands behind the cover of the CD player near the windscreen again gripping both sides and pull towards you. 4 more Toyota clips will give way and the cover will come off.There is another cable clip which is on the seat belt display panel to unclip.

You should then be free to access the CD player.

There are 2-4 10mm bolts to undo and out it comes. There are a few multi-plugs on the back of the unit to unclip.

Gaining access to the inside of the unit should be obvious which screws to take out.

Good Luck should not be to difficult. As to wether its done electronic damage is difficult to say.It might only have jammed up the mechanism and you might be able to free it.

Note when testing after a repair. you don't have to put back on the cables for the seat belt display or the A/C till your re-assembling it.

The thing is even if the unit is not repairable at reasonable cost, by removing it and replacing with a new one yourself you save a lot of labour costs with MR T. They charge 2hr labour for that sort of thing probably £140

Oh just remembered Only after you have opened the unit and removed the coins, if still not working, then check the fuse number 16 which is a 15A fuse in the fuse box (long black plastic covered box ) to the right of the Battery between the Battery and the headlight. (Just pulls off). It claims to be with the interior light as well. so check that the interior light is working.

David

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

I suspect if the electrics are shot a new unit is the only answer!

The benefits of having a 3 year old in the back spring to mind :yahoo:

Thats a useful reply

What a great great help and super reply - many thanks....

I'll give it all a go...

JAMES

What a great great help and super reply - many thanks....

I'll give it all a go...

JAMES

H James

The thing with getting the front off is persevere Pull to your red in the face. you won't break it

I you get stuck I will remove mine and take pics Mine is a satnav version but is essentially the same.

Sometimes giving it short tugs rather than one long pull works.

David

My little 3yr old has managed to pop some coins into my CD Slot ! - now all interal electrics are off.

Dealer told me full new unit ! - surely not, any ideas as how to remove this so i can do a DIY job on it....

Many Thanks

Any music on the coin? By the way??? ;)

Hey... sorry David.. did not see your response ... Maybe you published it during my wrighting??? :crybaby:

But your answer is far better than mine!!

My text:

We need to know if you have a Satnav adjusted car.. or the standard one...

Mine with a standard CD player was easy to take out... It's a normal radio without the front.. just a slitting width...

I would take the thing apart and shake the CD-player till it ejects the coin... should not be so hard to do...

Some photo's :

DSC05482.jpg

DSC05483.jpg

And then you van lift the centerpiece that includes the CD-player.. it looks very cheap!!!

Everything in this car is rather made to be taken apart... the whole car seems to be put together like a Lego or Playmobiel kind of thing... :yes:

You can not break it!!! But be patient or have someone else do it..

Hope this helps...

Peter

Hey Peter

Saves me going out and taking some more pics..Think James will be well happy with that.

David

I can get the front of guys but not the top !

I have yanked and tugged and pulled vary hard !

Should i pulling the the top piece from windscreen towards back of car? (rather than UP?)

Cheers

post-114030-0-46400100-1319629756_thumb.

post-114030-0-92723800-1319629771_thumb.

Should i pulling the the top piece from windscreen towards back of car? (rather than UP?)

Cheers

Dseven... I did not see it happen...when it was removed... but I think it is pulling towards you... same as the frontshield...

I do not have pictures of this.. sorry...

David does know more about it... :blush:

Peter

Cheers

Yes you need to be directly in front of it and wrap both your hands around it (one each side so the backs of your fingers face the wind screen. like you are a goalie about to throw a ball into play. Then pull towards your chest very hard horizontally towards the back of the car . If some how you have unclipped the back (near the windscreen) first as i see in the picture then it may be thats why its tight. persevere you will do it. The thing to remember about the car is that If you see a bolt undo it. IF you don't see a bolt just grab and pull.

James, if you need a quick response PM me and i will pick it up on my phone.

Ok I have seen the pic more closely, Try to get the yellow clips that you have pulled out near the windscreen end, back in so the top is horizontal again and try pulling from nearer the front YOU CAN DO THIS!!

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links