Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Winter Tyres

Hi, :) I had some Yokohama 175/65-R15 winter tyres fitted to my 59'reg iQ today at Lindop Toyota, Wrexham (Because I knew I would be passing there on Thursday morning). My booking was for 11:30, I got there early as having allowed for horrendous traffic -like the previous day- I was pleased not to encounter too much of that. So, that was why I was early, just before 11:00. I told them I had my car booked in and having checked the paperwork handed over the keys thinking I would have an hour thirty to wait altogether, but no. They started work on it right away. Took a look around the showroom, nice new iQ in there, with far better plastics, interior colours and softer armrest in the doors.

Back to the tyres. When I left I didn't get very far before it absolutely persisted down. :eek: So, the tyres were being tested right away. Most people slowed to about 40 or therabouts as it was coming down by the bucket load. I saw one car in front of me where the back end did a kind of shimmy, but not a good one. The driver pulled off at the next exit, possibly for new undercrackers. Anyway's, I just wanted to say my iQ looks good with good rubber on and it felt good in the heavy rain. I'm not looking forward to the snow or ice, but at least I will -or maybe should- be better off driving in conditions like we had last year. Also, the car felt fine on the A483 and A55, cruising along at 60mph to 70mph, showing a chopping and changing 60mpg. Why? :driving:

As there is always someone who wants to travel at lower than the speed limit, :angry: my journey took me an extra hour! Slow wasn't the word for some of them; 30 to 40mph in an open -no side roads and so on- 60mph area. Almost as bad as tractors and farmers with sheep in horse boxes, yes, I got stuck behind them too. You know what though? I didn't mind too much as I knew that even at those speeds, my iQ is great on fuel :thumbsup: . A huge improvement on the old T'reg 2.0 Auto Mondeo I had. It was a good car, but a maximum expected fuel return of 32mpg wasn't good.

Nice info, bob809....

Thanks...

Peter

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links