Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloy Wheels And Winter Tyres

M4THO

Hi

Last year i put winter tyres on my Golf Gti and it made a massive difference to handling.

Does anyone know the weight of the alloys on a standard iQ2. I want to get a set of alloys with winter tyres on so i can swop them when needed, but dont want to add too much weight to the car so it messes up my MPG.

Any ideas?

Where is everyone getting their winter tyres from? ive had a look at mytyres.co.uk which are pretty cheap on the tyres themselves but the wheel packages are expensive.

wheelbasealloys.com have a better choice of alloys and are overal cheaper than mytyres.

M.

**Maybe ask your local or further afield Toyota dealer if they have a set of Take Off alloys sitting,

& just put on standard wheels,

or get your new alloy wheels or wheel/tyre package for rest of year use and fit the winter tyres onto the rims you have fitted now.**

The difference in weight of standard or after market alloys will make no difference to your MPG believe me.

There are alloy wheels on at the minute, unless you are climbing mountains the weight will be neither here or there.

For every up there will be a down.

Winter/cooler weather & slower road speeds will probably save you fuel,

sitting defrosting will burn fuel while recording no miles.

Sit in a traffic jam for 30 mins with engine running, heater and lights on & you might do 0 MPG.

Swings and roundabouts really.

You might need to get your tyres from Mytyre or someplace to get them fitted to your own new wheels.

Places like 'ATS Euromaster' might only fit tyres they supply.

You will get Winter tyres there which they will fit to your own new wheels..

Pirelli W190.

http://www.camskill.co.uk

Have you asked by phone the price of 'alloys with winter tyres' fitted.

Wheel/tyre packages usually work out cheaper, online prices are not always showing the story.

Allow for the fact they come balanced but you may need to get balanced again when you recieve them, all suppliers are not equal in the quality of weights fitted.

Get quality stick on ones.

Take pictures of your rims condition before going to a fitter, saves disputes if they are not as careful as they must be.

Dont accept damage to your rims while the fitter does his job.

george

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links