Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Taking The Front Lights Out/apart

dannyb999

anyone know how to get the front lights out on my pre-facelift model yaris. inside i can see a plastic orange bit where the indicator is. can this be removed and use a silver coated orange bulb instead, because i really hate to see the orange through it!!

cheers

Danny

i've actually taken a look yesterday at the headlights as I myself would like to spray the housing white instead of that dull grey.

they come apart quite easily, however if i'm right u need to remove the front bumper first as they will not come out owtherwise.

once the bumper is off its simply 3 screws to take it off.

if anyone knows a better way i'd be more than happy to be corrected :D

ask a bloke called knightrider on here about dismantling them

im in the process of ridding the fried egg myself and replacing with silvatech bulbs

to remove the headlamps you remove the 2 or 3 visable bolts when the bonnet is open

i did mine without removing the front bumper but i think it would be a great deal eaiser if it was off

then in the corner nearest the wheeel on each headlamp there is a lug/clip that the headlamp just pushes into

simply pull out the headlamp (takes alot of force i thoughjt i was gonna rip the front off my car when doing this) but it should come off,

the headlamps are held together with a gummy substance and are a pain to separate but remove that and when refitting replace with clear silicone, and remove the orange indicator cover if you intend to fit diferent indicator bulbs

if anymore help is required just ask

i hope this helps

knightrider how did u get past that notch on the front bumper.... when i try to pull off the headlight it wont come out and keeps gettin stuck on part of the bumper. i thought it was a must to take off the bumper?? if i dont have to it would save me alot of hassle! any tips? where to tug from? hehe :P

give it a good yank and TAKE THE BUMPER OFF!

its loads easier!

yeah eaiser to have bumper off i think i just loosed the top of it either side of radiator

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links