Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Congestion Charging London Iq

mr ben

Just been informed by the transport for London that only IQ2 VVT-1 from July 2010 is fee exempt from congestion charges in London.

Any one know if this is correct

Yes the iQ and iQ2 registered AFTER July 2010 are exempt from the charge. Sadly my September 09 isn't. :(

You need to download and complete a form from the TFL website and send it off.

Fish

Edited to add, this is for the MANUAL version only. Sub 100 emissions.

Yes the iQ and iQ2 registered AFTER July 2010 are exempt from the charge. Sadly my September 09 isn't. :(

You need to download and complete a form from the TFL website and send it off.

Fish

Edited to add, this is for the MANUAL version only. Sub 100 emissions.

Interesting, I thought it was all the 1ltr manual versions that were exempt. all being under 100 grams

DAVID

Just been informed by the transport for London that only IQ2 VVT-1 from July 2010 is fee exempt from congestion charges in London.

Any one know if this is correct

Coming to London then Rob?

david

No idea on the official list for 2012,

read this the other day for 2011.

http://www.carbuzz.co.uk/blog/Congestion-Charge-Exempt-Cars-List-2011

EDIT,

Does it have to be Euro 5 engines for car exemption in 2012?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/17700.aspx

next edit, just checked using that checker for my 2006 1.1 Kia Picanto auto. 'Exempt'. lol surprised there.

PPS Last Edit,

that checker is Pants, just checked my High Emission vehicle

& it said Exempt Now, Exempt next year.

From what I've found on the web, the pre July 2010 are Euro 4, after that are Euro 5. This is emissions stuff.

Fish

I put my application in some time back and paid the £10. Called them today as I received a letter on the 3rd November stating that they were considering my application and was told that my IQ is 5 Euro rating by way of emissions and safety but only 4 Euro rating as far as air emissions, whatever that means.

Hi David I am coming to London, I was going to take my car but now that’s a no go, still coming to London to see the Tennis Masters in the Albert Hall to see John McEnroe.

I am sure that he would say to London Transport

"YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS"

Mr Ben

I put my application in some time back and paid the £10. Called them today as I received a letter on the 3rd November stating that they were considering my application and was told that my IQ is 5 Euro rating by way of emissions and safety but only 4 Euro rating as far as air emissions, whatever that means.

Hi David I am coming to London, I was going to take my car but now that’s a no go, still coming to London to see the Tennis Masters in the Albert Hall to see John McEnroe.

I am sure that he would say to London Transport

"YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS"

Mr Ben

Give Toyota a call because they definitely told me and on the blurb attached to their other 09 manual one's on the forecourt, they stated they were 98gms and were congestion and tax free.

David

David, sadly the great Boris has decided on the July 2010 as the cut over date. They are road tax free, but sadly anything before that and you'll have to pay the charge. :(

Fish

Man, that sucks big time! I am definitely not coming to London now. Boris can sit and spin on the London Eye. Miserable blubbering cretin. :censor:

The whole thing is rubbish firstly, Why is it called a congestion charge ? If everyone had an electric car and drove into london for free it would congest it right up also if the Battery went flat, carnage!!! . Why give the status of zero tax if its not exempt. Why do they allow 10,000 black cabs to drive around aimlessly in the hope of a fare. Have to calm down.getting irate now. I remember when it first came in, what a con. there were black cab drivers calling the radio stations saying that they were parked up at their usual spot in the morning that they had been doing for the past 25yrs and noticed the phasing of the lights had changed a week or so before the start date and the traffic had been building up and getting grid locked. Then on day one miraculously they got changed back and all was good with the world again. Off topic but my other pet hate is trying to get me to reduce my carbon footprint by changing my 100watt bulbs, when all of Canary Wharf must be consuming mega watts day and night. and traffic lights that get turned off for road works then return on the wrong phase causing traffic hold ups for years. Traffic lights who's sensors are dead so don't give priority anymore . Had a scanner and went down a very long street near where i worked . Only found one working. So there we have cars waiting at junctions for no reason. OK off my box now

David

David, have you tried Speakers corner in Hyde Park? I know its a real croc of the smelly stuff, but sadly the idiots that make these rules up never have to live by them. Still could be worse, Ken could get back in power. That would kill London off.

Fish

How much do you actually have to pay to drive an iQ into the area for one day in 2011,

& how much will it be in 2012?

george

LOL,

Is that all!

Why do people worry? The Parking must cost a fortune!

How much does pop corn or a hot dog cost at a cinema in central London, how much to get in a Central London Cinema?

How much is a ticket for The Tennis Masters @ The Albert Hall?

I know £10 is 1 hour & a bitty of minimum wage hourly rate.

But, Petrol is £6.45 for 5 litres,

& i see others buy £15 Pizzas.

Hard world when you are skint, but £10 for entering LEZ seems a bargain to me.

george

You get your Bridge crossings free in Scotland but pay the same road tax as the rest of the UK,

Cheaper petrol up here, so pay less Duty,

& live in nice fresh air all the time.

Well maybe unless you live in Torry.

Have fun on your trip,

IMHO, if you can afford to drive to London, i think you can maybe afford that £10 more.

george

I think its a principle thing really. I have a theory with road schemes. You think of an idea then you cost it then you have to gaurantee that people will break the law to get your money back.i personally think places like London are self regulating. when its known how congested it is people decide not to go in. After you have been stuck in there for a while you dont go back in a hurry. My experience is its no difference as far as congestion goes from before to now. People or company's pay the cost and its saturated. There are only so many roads so with the revenue you cant make any changes . So the money pays for the up keep of the camera's its a circle. On the A406 (a ring road round London) camera's went up to record number plates of lorries who were not paying for the extra tax as there emissions were higher. Again you have to gaurentee there will be law breakers to pay for the camera's. Another circle. The £10 doesnt bother me but i expect something for my money, not the samw conditions as before they were asking for it. If it really is a CONGESTION charge, then everyone should pay,not because you have a vehicle with low emissions. The word Congestion and emissions are not linked in any way. The only way to reduce congestion is to make the fee huge and price people out of the market which would limit people going in by finance. Which is again wrong. I think the scheme should be scrapped as there is no way the congestion can be reduced and let it self regulate.

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links