Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New 15'' Wheels

Marcos Ch

These are my new 15" wheels. I almost went for 17" but some "experts" talked me out of it. In Greece the roads can be bumpy sometimes and they reckon 17" wheels will "bend" a lot faster than the 15" ones. Tires for 15" wheels are also cheaper and the fuel consumption lower I understand. I think they look good.

post-109272-0-42194200-1322338383_thumb.

They really suit your car. Look Great. you have the came aerial as me. but i am easily distracted by the sea in the background. very beautiful, you are very lucky living there

David

Thank you David, I am pleased with them. In the near future I might ask a question in a new topic about a TPMS system(wiring stuff) and I am sure you will have the knowledge to help again.

Cheers, Marcos

Thank you David, I am pleased with them. In the near future I might ask a question in a new topic about a TPMS system(wiring stuff) and I am sure you will have the knowledge to help again.

Cheers, Marcos

There are 2 types Direct and indirect in-direct you see on some cars built in, it collects data from ABS and other sensors. If one or more tyres are over or under inflated their rotational speed is different and it can calculate if its over or under inflated There is a debate going on about its accuracy The direct one's fit inside the valve and send radio signal with temp and pressure on 433mhz coded to the visual display unit the sensors are Battery powered. but an easy after market add-on at about £150.

David

Thanks David for your help. I already bought one a couple of weeks ago (Orange P409S) and I'm pleased. I had it hardwired(didn't dare do it myself) so it turns on when I start the engine. But the other end of the cable that goes into the display unit (USB connector) looks a bit ugly and I'm wondering if I can hardwire that as well. This week I will take some pictures so that you see what I mean.

Cheers, Marcos

There are only 4 wires on a USB plug or socket 2 for + - the other for data if you have it going to start up circuitry on your car then its only 2 wires you are concerned with

Its the 2 outside ones your interested in. normally they are fed with 5volts but some company's use them for all sorts

David

I have had a look at the unit and I think its really good Thinking of getting one where have you mounted yours By the way the Aux power socket on the centre unit becomes power when ignition is turned on. my reversing camera is run off connections off that

David

I have had a look at the unit and I think its really good Thinking of getting one where have you mounted yours By the way the Aux power socket on the centre unit becomes power when ignition is turned on. my reversing camera is run off connections off that

David

Looked at the video's on youtube and bought one off Amazon for £118

David

David

Looked at the video's on youtube and bought one off Amazon for £118

David

If you can wait until it arrives I will take it apart and show you how to hard wire the socket

David

Many thanks David, of course I can wait! It seems to be the best TPMS system out there. I haven't placed it permanently yet, will upload a pic today. Do you think we should start a new topic about it? I think it will make it easier for others to find it in case they purchase the same unit and need our :-) -joking- YOUR help.

Thanks again, Marcos

I think its a very good idea . You start the Topic make it your own. Have you looked at my offer in your clock topic?

David

I will start now another topic about P409S although you should have started it David since you are the expert. I bought mine from eBay a bit cheaper but not much difference I think.

Wow! Your car looks great Marcos. Loving the black wheel rims and chromed 'spokes.' Really suits the black of the car. I see a theme developing here. Isn't your car a bit on the hot side, especially inside when you get in, like the steering wheel? Weld your hands to it when you grab it? I used to work in Riyadh and Jeddah and quite often got my hands burned because the screen cover on my car had slipped off -although, I think it was sabotage as it was more often off the screen when I got back to it no matter how I secured it :ffs: . Like the view too. Do you actually live close to the sea?

Thank you Bob for your positive comments. Yes, in summer it does get hit inside. That's why people in Greece think twice before they buy a black car, especially with leather seats, mine has both:-). But somehow from the beginning I wanted my iQ in black. My screen cover used to come off all the time too, glad you confirmed it that it is a sabotage because that's what I always believed but didn't dare express it:-). Until I found a new way of securing it! Will upload a pic with my "invention"!

I forgot to mention that I do live very close to the see

What sort of work do you do Marcos ? Have you got a blue and white boat?

Ha ha... David...

"Oh Sole Mio"... :boat: But that's Venice, Italy....

Blue boat? No no no... If Eees' got a boat, It'll be black, to match the car. :driving:

Don't they have in Greece light blue and white boats to go between the islands selling ice cream

Unfortunately I do not own a boat:-)! Wish I did. David when you TPMS arrives I would like to ask you some more questions please, thanks

you 'need' some red brake calipers Marcos.......give it the IQ Vantage look

cheers barryc.

Now that's an idea Barry! Any product you would recommend? Although I'm not sure how far I want to go, the iQ is certainly not a racing car! But I'm sure it will look nice

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links