Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Second Black Iq Has Arrived!

Marcos Ch

This is my second iQ I bought on eBay. Even cheaper and more fuel saving than my first one!

post-109272-0-93676300-1322897090_thumb.

Ha ha! Nice one Marcos, you had me going there. Like it. Nice model, is it sourced from Mr. T? Or from the Diecast Toyota Model Cars link? I'm looking for one in purple (Amethyst). :thumbsup:

Ha ha! Nice one Marcos, you had me going there. Like it. Nice model, is it sourced from Mr. T? Or from the Diecast Toyota Model Cars link? I'm looking for one in purple (Amethyst). :thumbsup:

Nice little project Bob, you could spray it

David

Actually David, that's not a bad idea. :yes: I plan on getting a Compressor so I can use my Airbrush to paint with :xmas: . By that I mean anything that doesn't move get's painted, at least until I get used to using it again. I plan on airbrushing the plastic kits I have still yet to build, as I don't want to use a brush on them, and to use it for my art works too :artist: . Space themed art work to start with, then back to my military art, aircraft and animals mostly (not military animals obviously). However, painting Marcos's car in Purple, sounds like a plan. Obviously Marcos not your's, but an identical one. As for cleaning it, jet wash it... or maybe not.

---------------------------- 10-Feb-2012

Got myself a Compressor, just waiting to see what I'm going to do next. Bought some Distilled water today for it today. The distilled water is supposed to be better for the airbrush. Just working out how to mix the paint to the right consistency now. Nothing exciting really.

Naaaice.... :thumbsup:

Actually David, that's not a bad idea. :yes: I plan on getting a Compressor so I can use my Airbrush to paint with :xmas: . By that I mean anything that doesn't move get's painted, at least until I get used to using it again. I plan on airbrushing the plastic kits I have still yet to build, as I don't want to use a brush on them, and to use it for my art works too :artist: . Space themed art work to start with, then back to my military art, aircraft and animals mostly (not military animals obviously). However, painting Marcos's car in Purple, sounds like a plan. Obviously Marcos not your's, but an identical one. As for cleaning it, jet wash it... or maybe not.

Lots on eBay speaking of model kits I have an un-opened Revell Kit of a north sea trawler from years ago that I might do a bit over xmas. It is quite rare and sort after because its a kinda generic boat kit that can be fabricated to be any sort of boat.

David

I love your little IQ :) Its so cute, might have a look on eBay myself

Bob I searched on the Internet but could not find any in amethyst :-(...mine is made by a company called Minichamps, it's a very accurate replica of the real car, 43 times smaller. I really like it. There are some available in read and black and white.

Firstly, apologies for a digression on the thread subject.

David, perhaps you could make it into one of the Cold-War spy trawlers, and what an unusual kit. I have some Star Wars kits to build, and I made a decision yesterday to buy and build kits that I have had a connecetion to, that will be a long term project I think. I'm starting with a Gazelle helicopter and the BAE Hawk, to which I have a few connections, yet not as much as the Gazelle.

Thanks Marcos for looking for an Amethyst coloured one, thanks for letting me know it's a mini-champs model. They are the best, and I know as I have two in this room, from the British Touring Cars Championship. I am going to be scouring E-Bay for the Mini-Champs iQ, it looks really good in the picture, what with the interior detail. I reckon on buying the Red one, then make it purple.

Thanks for starting this thread on a cool subject. :thumbsup:

Bob may I ask what is your connection to these helicopters? I used to work in a helicopter company, flying a helicopter gives you an amazing sense of freedom!

Here Bob i could fit a micro dot of an LED in the interio to light it up. Actually i have a link to my model NO i wasent a deep sea trawler man It is a trawler that is the the home of Radio Caroline of which i am connected as as Radio engineer. So goimg to make a near as i can copy of the Ross Revenge

Danid

Sure Marcos. In a land not too far away from England, called Northern Ireland, I was sent to a place called Newry. In it there was an old Textile Mill that had been converted for people to live and sleep in. Bessbrook Mill became Bessbrook Heli-Port where I worked for six weeks, refuelling Scout, Gazelle, Lynx, Wessex and Puma helicopters, this was early 1980. It was at some points in its life the busiest heli-port in the UK. I got to fly in the Gazelle quite frequently, and even did some navigating during a morning flight back to Bessbrook in heavy fog. It was a little disconcerting lowering down through it to the topmost helipad as there were telegraph poles and lots of cables nearby. But we missed them thankfully. I did get to help fly a Wessex once too. A New Zealand Air Force pilot -on an exchange- asked if I wanted a 'jolly' and before I could say yes he was up and outside and he was telling me on the way that I was going to get to have a try at flying it. Once up in the air at height he told me to hold the 'stick' steady as he used the cyclic and pedals, after he pointed it at a hole in the clouds. Great fun, worrying at the time, to not mess up, but great all the same.

David, sorry, what would you put a micro dot LED into? The DieCast iQ? Or your Trawler? Like the idea of making it into a Pirate Radio boat. So, your the one! Seriously? You were on 'the boat?' What is the Ross Revenge? Cool!

Yea the die cast. Yes was on rhe boat. The ross Rwvenge is an ex icelantic trawler originaly owned by Ross fisheries and was involved in the cod wars. It was converted to a radio ship in 83 for Radio Caroline after their original ship the Mi-Amigo sank in the Thames estuary in 1980. The Ross is still used as a radio ship and is moored at Tilbury

David

Had this one on the shelf... I demanded on from Toyota.. as we had to wait 4 months for the iQ and therefore had an extra car (double car) with insurance and road-tax for that time.. (it's a very long story.... we ended up with temporarily 2 Toyota Verso's)

It was the least Toyota could do for me to repay in some way. Cheap for them....

+ Just wanted to show a little off... :yes: It's such a very nice model...

I think it is the same model as the one we started with.

Some pictures...

DSC00206.jpgth_DSC00208.jpgth_DSC00209.jpgDSC00212.jpgth_DSC00211.jpgth_DSC00210.jpgDSC_0155.jpg

Your little iQ is the same as mine Peter, just different colour. I really like mine!

Bob thank you for your reply, very intersting! I used to work for a helicopter company, had just started my training to get my pro license and then...less than a year and a half ago we crashed(5th August 2010, while washing power conductors for the Greek Electricity Company)...we dont know yet why but it is possible that we just didnt see some of those wires you mentioned. I barely survived, had 9 surgeries and spend a couple of months in hospital, 20 days in intensive care and about 3 months in bed. Now I am almost like before! Accident experts and even doctors tend to call our case a miracle. Anyway now I am missing flying a lot but my relatives don't even want to hear about it and I have to respect their feelings since they went through a very painful experience.

Well, I got off the topic quite a bit, but glad to find another heli fellow here!

Marcos... you are one lucky *****.... :eek:

*****.. that's one hell of a damage....

The forum moderator computer "auto-edit", does not like (b.a.s.t.a.r.d) nor (C.h.r.i.s.t) ha ha

Your little iQ is the same as mine Peter, just different colour. I really like mine!

Bob thank you for your reply, very intersting! I used to work for a helicopter company, had just started my training to get my pro license and then...less than a year and a half ago we crashed(5th August 2010, while washing power conductors for the Greek Electricity Company)...we dont know yet why but it is possible that we just didnt see some of those wires you mentioned. I barely survived, had 9 surgeries and spend a couple of months in hospital, 20 days in intensive care and about 3 months in bed. Now I am almost like before! Accident experts and even doctors tend to call our case a miracle. Anyway now I am missing flying a lot but my relatives don't even want to hear about it and I have to respect their feelings since they went through a very painful experience.

Well, I got off the topic quite a bit, but glad to find another heli fellow here!

My Goodness!!! Lucky you survived or I wouldn't have known about the tyre pressure system

David

Hi Marcos, I think someone was watching over you buddy. :hokus-pokus: To survive, even with what you went through, takes some doing after a crash like that. Seeing the front canopy area missing -I presume they had to cut you out. Has the accident investigation board come up with an answer for what happened (don't feel you have to put it here mate, if it brings back bad memories)?

Looking at the video I can see the power lines above the wreckage, and I assume you were above those to be washing the power conductors. maybe it was that hose, caught a power line, brought you down? Although the hose -again, more assumptions- was rubber? Looks like nylon though. Anyway, enough of my questions, and don't feel like you have to answer them Marcos.

Like everyone else, glad you made it through; the crash, the operations, and that your family are around you for support. Family is one of the best things to have at times like that. You are a very lucky man. :group-cuddles: I think this calls for a forum group hug for Marcos.

David, I didn't even know there was such a thing as a micro-dot LED. Would it be a blue one? ;) What a small world we live in. There you are, electronic genius of the forum, and all the time you have such a colourful history too. Did you like the film 'The Boat That Rocked?' I know it wasn't a real pirate radio boat, but at least it gave people an idea of 'what it may have been like.'

I have just been looking at Wikipedia to do with all that stuff. Shame they didn't make a proper movie about the real events. I am not surprised about the governments response to it all. And at least they showed a little bit of that side of things with the film. Best of luck converting the Revell kit and look forward to seeing some pics of progress. Maybe elsewhere than on here of course. Don't want to keep straying off topic, ie, the iQ.

Hi again, thank you all for your comments. Bob the investigation is still going on, there is no official report out yet. We were approaching our landing zone, it is possible by the angle we were approaching that there was something wrong with the heli and we were struggling to get there. Or we just didn't see the wires - nr 1 cause of heli accidents. No, the front area was destroyed in the accident. Some ground crew watching got us out. I bought my iQ as a "gift" to myself for getting through it. I miss flying a lot but have to accept it, maybe David can tell me how to make my iQ fly:-)

Maybe this guy can help:

http://www.flabber.nl/linkdump/video/de-man-die-dingen-laat-vliegen-9859

But seriously... I do hope you can fly again in the future..

I love the flying in the "choppahs" on BF3 multiplayer.... It's artificial I know, but what a fun to fly such things...

Every chopper has it's own characteristics.. one has to learn to master... Hard but very rewarding...

Hope you can do it again... :thumbsup:

Peter

Peter, this video is very funny:-), thanks a lot! Well, as you said simulators are not the "real deal" but they can take you a long way! Helis are much more fun than planes.

Peter, this video is very funny:-), thanks a lot! Well, as you said simulators are not the "real deal" but they can take you a long way! Helis are much more fun than planes.

Thank YOU, Marcos!!! :thumbsup:

Peter

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links