Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hilux Questions

Del64

Hi from a Newbie seeking advice.

I have just posted a hello post in the right spot and so, down to business people,,,,,

I am starting my search for a Hilux, and plan on a manual 3.0 D4-D Invincible, from about 2010 to brand new (leased).

If I choose purchaing, which has always been my method of ownership so far, can owners offer any guidance on reliability issues tips to look for etc and can anyone confirm if they are as skittish in the wet as some will say? does a different type or make of tyres make a large difference etc etc.

Engine, do they have a weakness like the 2.2D in the cars has with the DMF for example?

I would welcome the opinions of owners so, any help gratefully appreciated.

Derek

Hi from a Newbie seeking advice.

I have just posted a hello post in the right spot and so, down to business people,,,,,

I am starting my search for a Hilux, and plan on a manual 3.0 D4-D Invincible, from about 2010 to brand new (leased).

If I choose purchaing, which has always been my method of ownership so far, can owners offer any guidance on reliability issues tips to look for etc and can anyone confirm if they are as skittish in the wet as some will say? does a different type or make of tyres make a large difference etc etc.

Engine, do they have a weakness like the 2.2D in the cars has with the DMF for example?

I would welcome the opinions of owners so, any help gratefully appreciated.

Derek

I`ve had 3 different pickups inc Hilux and they`ve all been `skittish` in the wet unladen and noted for it.

3.0 D4-D Engines have had trouble with injectors and oil strainer problems, see recent thread below

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=112010&pid=1167879&st=0entry1167879

My my!!! Reminds me of the injector issues I had with my wife's 5 cylinder (Mercedes based) Jeep Grand Cherokee a few years back that too like this was a major recall waiting to happen.

I am so happy to read Toyota have stepped up to this one.

I am growing to the idea of leasing which will slow my purchase to the late spring or summer rather than buying as the trade in vehicle still has some finance on it an I plan to wipe that out before I then sell the car to lease the Hilux.

Thanks for the response, greatly appreciate that piece of information!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links