Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hid Conversion...

Mistermena

Just a quick question to folks that know a thing or to about HID...

Does an Avensis T-180 (T25) on a 2007 model year have H7 bulbs? I'm looking to change the awful headlight to 6000k 35 watt gas filled xenon. Is this the best kelvin to use?

Thanks

Taff :thumbsup:

h7 mate and yes 6k is a nice white light

Nice one my mate :thumbsup:

You might want to consider these as you do not have to wire anything and it doubles the light volume, I use the Philips X treme and would recommend them to anyone.

Bright Lights

Go for 4300k, you'll be able to see better and it'll look less chavvy. It is the factory colour temperature for BMW Mercedes and others.

Soecond point, you know these kits are not legal right?

Go for 4300k, you'll be able to see better and it'll look less chavvy. It is the factory colour temperature for BMW Mercedes and others.

No I didn't know that they weren't legal! Thought it was okay as long as they didn't fail an MOT test. I remember "Ormi" saying that they would not fail the test. Unless I've mis-read his post somewhere...

You might want to consider these as you do not have to wire anything and it doubles the light volume, I use the Philips X treme and would recommend them to anyone.

Bright Lights

Cheers mate... But I've got some nightbreakers in there atm. Much better than the normal bulbs... But was looking for even better like the HID kits that are out there. I wasn't aware that they were against UK law to use.

6k do not look chavy 6k is whiter than 4300k also due to you having projectors fitted as stardard you get a very good beam pattern and light spread...if you get them you wont regret it..

i run 10k's in the headlights

8k's in my full beam

and green in my fog lights(show use only..my car does get entered into shows and has won a few times)

No I didn't know that they weren't legal! Thought it was okay as long as they didn't fail an MOT test. I remember "Ormi" saying that they would not fail the test. Unless I've mis-read his post somewhere...

That's if you get your MOT from Blind Bob's :lol:

6k is moving into towards blue spectrum.... dispite what the eBay Ads say. Manufaturers use 4300k for a very good reason. Our eyes work better with it. My other half had an aftermarket HID kit fitted (6k claimed white), one of the bulb solenoids failed... the seller replaced it with a 4300k.... the light was far better.

To be fair you run 10ks and 8ks, with green fog lights... forgive me for not agreeing with what you think is and isn't chavy. ;)

6k is moving into towards blue spectrum.... dispite what the Ebay Ads say. Manufaturers use 4300k for a very good reason. Our eyes work better with it. My other half had an aftermarket HID kit fitted (6k claimed white), one of the bulb solenoids failed... the seller replaced it with a 4300k.... the light was far better.

To be fair you run 10ks and 8ks, with green fog lights... forgive me for not agreeing with what you think is and isn't chavy. ;)

show car mate show car...im lucky if i do 4500 miles a year.in the two years since ive finished the car ive won 9 trophys so i must be doing something right.dont need to look at eBay ads i have a spectrum chart at the work.....also it depends what the car maker coats their projector in....the new avensis lights look purple...merc lights look blue..bmw lights are bright white..

also not every ones eyes responds to light the same...

also if you hide the balasts which is very easy to do(theirs a place under the lights)it will fall under you cant see you cant fail

6k is moving into towards blue spectrum.... dispite what the Ebay Ads say. Manufaturers use 4300k for a very good reason. Our eyes work better with it. My other half had an aftermarket HID kit fitted (6k claimed white), one of the bulb solenoids failed... the seller replaced it with a 4300k.... the light was far better.

show car mate show car...im lucky if i do 4500 miles a year.in the two years since ive finished the car ive won 9 trophys so i must be doing something right.dont need to look at eBay ads i have a spectrum chart at the work.....also it depends what the car maker coats their projector in....the new avensis lights look purple...merc lights look blue..bmw lights are bright white..

also not every ones eyes responds to light the same...

also if you hide the balasts which is very easy to do(theirs a place under the lights)it will fall under you cant see you cant fail

also were i am its not the colour of lights thats chavy its the car you drive.... :thumbsup:

Light in the 4500 range is closest to daylight that why us humans can see better in that range - it's the way we are born. So unless you've undergone DNA modifications (it would appear some drivers have already done so :eek: ) stick to the 4500 range.

Light in the 4500 range is closest to daylight that why us humans can see better in that range - it's the way we are born. So unless you've undergone DNA modifications (it would appear some drivers have already done so :eek: ) stick to the 4500 range.

Chavs need extra light coz of their sunglasses... :lol:

RaistlinChavs need extra light coz of their sunglasses...

to the above take it you know jack about k ratings the higher the k rating the poorer the light ie 4.5k is brighter than 10k and what youve said is the people with 4.5ks are chavs and need sunglasses..in the words of hommer simpson DOH. :yahoo::toast: :D :D :D :D ..... go sit in the corner and face the wall....

and to mr belfast what i ment was i find the 10ks reflect the road markings and signs better than the 6k's i had

That's if you get your MOT from Blind Bob's :lol:

:eek:

Have you got blind Bobs garage phone number please?

6k do not look chavy 6k is whiter than 4300k also due to you having projectors fitted as stardard you get a very good beam pattern and light spread...if you get them you wont regret it..

i run 10k's in the headlights

8k's in my full beam

and green in my fog lights(show use only..my car does get entered into shows and has won a few times)

6K is what I'd go for then I recon! But as long as its all above board and my MOT tester is a happy chappy :thumbsup:

Colour%20Temperature%20Chart.jpg

Many thanks for the colour temperature chart Raustlin which has nothing whatsover to do with brightness.

Brightness being measured in Lumins and entirely different scale so I can't see how 4.5k is brighter than 10k as Ormi says.

Colour%20Temperature%20Chart.jpg

Many thanks for the colour temperature chart Raustlin which has nothing whatsover to do with brightness.

Brightness being measured in Lumins and entirely different scale so I can't see how 4.5k is brighter than 10k as Ormi says.

Sorry I thought the discussion had moved on to the colour of light and how our eyes react to it.

I thought it had too :thumbsup:

I have an awesome idea for seeing road markings and signs at the expense of everything else.... UV! What more it wins on the top tumps "look like an utter bell end" factor too :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links