Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steve Ratcliffe

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have just joined up to the Toyota Owners Club! I was serching the internet for information on current owners of the Yaris T-Sport. I have my loan approval, and a cash offer on my current Yaris GS, so all that remains is to sign on the line for a new T-Sport for first of march.

What does everyone who owns one think of the T-Sport, from what I read, everyone from 20 upwards seems to be really happy with them? I was glad to find a user forum with so many like minded people.

The only real question I have about the T-Sport, is how well does it handle on country roads and bends? I test drove one a while back, but didnt get chance to take it into the country. Does anyone know from experience how it compares to the handeling of a GS?

I am planning to make some choice alterations to the Yaris - I like the idea of getting rid of the Red Lens on the Fog Light. How easy is it to get hold of parts etc for tweaking an tuning. I am used to working on the Yaris as I have put a high spec audio system and Clifford alarm and all accessories into my current one - but no real work on suspension or engine, as not really worth it on a GS.

Thanks, and nice to meet you all.

Steve.

Hi steve Nice to hear that you are getting a T sport yaris. What color are you going for ?

As for the way it handle's. Well very well if i dont mind saying. The yaris is very good through the twisty bits. But can become unstable if you are accelerating really hard and hit Uneven road surface.

I find if the road is slightly damp and you need to pull out of a road quickly you will get a lot of wheel spinning and jumping about. Also the dash will vibrate violently. Thats the price you pay for having a nippy car.

Hopefully i will be lowering the yaris down to 30mm. This will add to the handling department. Also adding more smiles to my face :D

Ok steve i hope that this is useful for you. Also welcome to the toyota club mate !

Jerry :D

Cheers Jerry!

I'm not sure on the Colour, I must admit may favourites are the Storm Grey, Silver or Black - I will probably go for either the Storm or Silver as the Black (others say) is harder to keep looking clean. Also with the Silver colours the stone chips dont show up so much - which I have found a problem with my GS in flame gold - the paintwork seems to chip ver easily.

I will probably end up lowering, has anyone any experience with this - I know just putting 15 x 6.5 rims on my GS I get some scuffage with a load in the back, this might just be the width. What rim size will fit and what suspension do you need to make it work?

Thanks,

Steve.

ive lowered mine 30mm with tte springs and it makes for a more 'sportish' ride.... mines black....looks spanking when clean but doesnt stay that way long......t sports have 15inch rims as standerd.

OK, Thanks Guys!

I have ordered my new TS for 1st March! Storm Gray with the following optional extra's:

Lowered a further 30mm with Toyota Standard Stuff

Door Protection Strips

Black Carpet Matts (Including Boot)

Paintwork Protective Coating

I still don't get the TTE stuff - is this like me having the Toyota dealer lower the car on Toyota sports springs?

Steve.

Yeah got it in one steve. TTE springs are a line of toyota sport Accessory If you want to know more check this site out.

http://www.tte.de/

Have fun looking mate

Jerry

Thanks Jerry I looked at that site - I see they have a fully height adjustable suspension kit on there in addition to the Standard lowering springs. Would it be worth looking into having these installed also - would it give me better handeling over the lowering springs?

I also notice there are 16x6.4 inch rims available for the yaris, if my calculations are correct, with a low profile tyre, there is only a minute overall size difference from the 15inch rims with their slightly less low profile tyres, do you think the 16's will still go on with the lowering springs, or will the suspension kit be required to give extra adustment?

Hi steve. It is possible to have bigger rims. I know of a yaris with 17" 18" rims on. But if i was you i would go for some coil over suspension dampers if you are going for bigger rims. The ride quality would be far better quality than just lowering springs.

But hey at the end of the day lowering the ride height by 30mm is just fine for now with standard 15" and on standard shocks. Hey check out this site as well. This site will put you in the picture.

http://www.tdi-plc.com./toyota_yaris.html

Have fun looking jerry.

• 2 weeks later...

OK I'm starting to chew my finger nails allready - had a call from the dealership to let me know that the car had been delivered on Tuesday, they have allready fitted the lowering springs, so I had to go down for a sneak peek at lunchtime - and of course to hand over my 12 grand :S

I can't remember who it was said on here that the Toyota Sports lowering springs for the TSport only drop it a further 10mm - hmmm not quite - I was comparing my freshly lowered TS to a standard TS on the pitch at the dealership and the difference is quite a generous 30mm!!

Anyway I now have to wait two weeks before it's registered and I can drive it - they are delivering it to my house on the Friday night though so I am sure as soon as the clock ticks past midnight I will be out for a spin!

In the meantime I have the monster task of removing my customisations from my current GS in preperation for the big new install :D.

Is there any news on the Blitz Induction Kit yet?

Regards,

Steve.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links