Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Have Dampners On Their Springs?

Diavlo

OK, so here's the deal.

I've had Fox Evo 3's (17x7.5) alloy wheels fitted for a few weeks now, and I'm very pleased with them. They give my yaris a much better feel and the grip is tremendously better.

There are no problems with scuffing/rubbing at all, except when the car is fully loaded, when occasionally, a bump in the road will send the wheel into the arch providing us with a grating and annoying noise.

Someone on here said they have dampners in their back springs. My car is normal height for a standard yaris, and I dont have plans to lower it yet as I have other things I feel are more important to deal with first, and the 17's fill the arches quite nicely as it is anyway. I'm thinking there must be a way to raise the lower limits of the rear suspension so that it isnt possibly for the arch to hit the tyre on those bumps.

Can anyone help me? And if so, where can I buy there dampners from?

Also, if ya want to see it here it is... (and dont tell me to lower it :P )

My Yaris

id suggest getting the rear arches rolled or the inner edge of the lip ground back

Hi Diavlo

You need to speak to tiktok or miss t sport. Now they have got rubber bushes fitted in between the springs which help with the wheels rubbing by stopping the springs dropping down as much . Also i have looked through my larkspeed performance and styling mag and they have got them in there too. They call them coil spring raisers Made by GRAYSTON.

website

http://www.larkspeed.com/default.htm Give them a call prices start from £8.75 to £16.50

jerry!!

had to change my springs back to normal ones as the roads are quite bad where I live but doesnt make much of a difference as Ive 17s on anyway.I was getting a really harsh ride on the bumps and back roads decided I wanted my comfort back.i have koni shocks on the front and dampers on the back and my arches are rolled

Exactly, our roads are atrocious and lowering the car would be as many people round here say 'completely insane'.

It's actually given our area of Wales a bit of a difference with modified cars, as they tend to resemble rally cars more than street racers.

Thanks for your help guys!

hi davlo i have the same problem as well and w**** i have my car lowered 40mm as well so really down on the ground and still try to find some things to sort this out last time tikto did told me about those splitfire sport spring adjusters but i still dont have a time and money to do that yet and because will fit my carzone kit soon so will wait before i fit them kit in then start to have a look how to i fit it will let you know after that if you still have that problem.if you dont want to wait here is the number 01978664466 and it was from www.demon-tweeks.co.uk and the price is £23.17 per pair hope that will help :thumbsup:

i had splitfire spring adjusters on my last car,they worked great

and were easy to fit, you will prob need 2 sets

kimi :)

ive got konis and a hell of a lot of arch work - sorted!

had splitfire spring adjusters on my last car,they worked great

and were easy to fit, you will prob need 2 sets

thats indeed what teri aka miss t sport has. 2 inch each spring, we also had the arches rolled.

She suffered from the annoying noises and rubbing with extra people and when hitting bumps, but she also has 215 width tyres which didn't help. But all is now fine and she doesn't catch the arches at all even with 5 people in the car.

B)

car has ordinary springs back on ..not much of a difference except the ride is much more comfortable..lost the coolness on the back arches but I dont care..flying along now :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links