Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

M3 Fun !

Jimlad

I was coming back home today on the country roads and I pulled up behind a M3 in a 30mph limit. He noticed me behind me and as soon as the 30limit stopped he floored it and overtook a few cars.

So.... just for laughs I hoofed it after him. Driving as mad as he was. ( jappy it was from the selkirk to gala road ). We were both screaming along doing 100mph + . Taking corners at 80mph, not knowing if my car would stick to the road. Easily kept up with him and it was heaps of fun !! Scary too tho.

Are M3's fast ??

The M3's are very impressive....and considered to be quite quick, how old was it, what model etc????

the new m3s are <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>in fast! its the only non-sports car car that id rate really!

fast for a standard car m8, about 5.5 0-60

but the only 'non sports ka' you rate???

S4, S3, RS4, RS6, impreza, evo.... maybe we're crossing wires over 'sports cars' here... but there's certainly more cars than the m3 capable of putting the frighteners on an MR2 turbo!

ah the s3 and s4 arnt especially quick really,but youre right the wrx sti and the evo could probably give tubbys a good run for their money! out of the lot though the m3 scares the crap out of me lol, i heard itwas 0-60 in 4.9s not 5.5?

If it was the latest M3, they're 355bhp so &#33;Removed&#33; fast.

well ok the s3 isn't terribly quick standard, but a £500 remap sends it to 275+bhp... in which case it does become something quite 'nippy' :)

the s4... hmm... it doesn't really belong in this thread thinking about it, it's more of a saloon than anything else (but still a quick saloon!)

s3's are understeery things that when chipped are well laggy, i can stick to them round combe pushing them into and out of bends then the starts of the straights to...in my normally aspirated. :thumbsup: even with the power on boost i've already caught them on braking into bends.

QUOTE]ah the s3 and s4 arnt especially quick really,but youre right the wrx sti and the evo could probably give tubbys a good run for their money! out of the lot though the m3 scares the crap out of me lol, i heard itwas 0-60 in 4.9s not 5.5?

Ive beaten a local E46 M3. The guy who owns it is a bit of a such an incredibly beautiful persont as well.

Ive raced a ton of cars and won against all of the above bar the S4 which I wouldnt worry about. They are heavy plus they havent got favourable gear ratios.

Every evo...right from 4-8..every single damn subaru ive ever raced(from the 94 right to the latest 2004 models) has lost.

One thing its taught me is cars are slower than thier paper figures. Id add up to one second to some of the above vehicles because they no way are as fast(been passenger in loads). And all subarus(apart from a few late models) and evos ive raced had bolt on mods they were not standard.

Definately I would go with the fact that cars are not as fast as their paper figures. I have comfortably beaten several Scoobies, every time I've though eh???? The '2 seems to have a lot more power at higher speeds than these cars!

either way M3's are quick .. still can't stand them though ..

If only it didn't have the Badge and look like a 3 series I'd love one.

I want a quick car, a convertable, an economic car, a practacal car and a car for the race track .. M3 cab does it all .. shame you look like a tool driving one ..

M3's are for babies! wasted a 51 plate M5 the other week down the M1. two youngish lads in it(daddies car obviously, that or they had dodgey occupations). tried to undertake me so floored itand they just started to fall behind, went to 150 got bored so pulled into the middle lane slowed down and looked at their faces as they past :eek::eek::wacko::blink: . was very funny

I really rate M3's. For a straight 6 N/A engine they are awesome.

My rev3 turbo can keep up with them to about 120mph but after that they just storm off.

It's the only car I've been in that you can sit at 155mph and it seems like you're doing 60 in anything else.

If I had £10k I'd own one.

Still a newbie myself but I've humped a couple of Scoobies already - much to amusement of the owners girlfriends wondering why a t-bar hairdresser car has just raped their man's "rally" car

All you need to know is they go like stink so you did well!

0-60mph times are more of an indication of a cars ability to grip rather than how fast they can accelerate.

Try comparing 30-70 or 0-150 and then you'll be getting somewhere!

Put it this way though, an M5 is just about capable of keeping up with a 550, so an M3 can't be much further behind that. :thumbsup:

The new m3's are awesome, simple as!

There may be a minute number of people on this forum who don't like them for whatever reasons.... :rolleyes: but they are certainly one of the best cars to have for the money.

i had a guy in a 53 plate M3 playing with me last night, he'd drive slow and every time i went to overtake he'd boot it, then slow down again. seeing the M3 accelerate was pretty impressive, made me feel like i was driving a tank tho :o

:censor: bm drivers! the M3 is a great car though, u cant deny it!

Agreed!

I had a play around with an R Reg 911 Turbo this morning. He couldn't get away, despite thrashing his car. So very pleased with the result, but in my experience, a Tubby can easily keep up with the Porsche (raced one down to Plymouth a few months back - same result), although according to paper figures, the Porsche should win!

The M3's are very impressive....and considered to be quite quick, how old was it, what model etc????

I dunno mate.. it had a personalised plate and only thing on the back was M3 .

Was ruddy quick as <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?> tho.

Indeed, did you not see Jeremy Clarkson test it in Jersey I believe, where they have no speed limits!

Ah I think you're right, all I remember is that it was one of the channel islands and there are no speed limits. Awesome car!

Jimlad its easy ..did it have 4 tailpipes? If yes it was the E46 350bhp. If it didnt it was either an early E36 280bhp or M3 Evo 320bhp. Both evo and early m3 did 0-60 in mid to late 5s (but then again thats ghey paper figures eh)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links