Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modified Toyota Bov (rev3)

Rikki

Those good lads MSherry and Pizzaboy helped me out with a bit of info that enabled me to get a nice ptssssh noise from the recirculating dump valve on my new car. Popping the pipe from the factory std BOV that leads to the air box and pointing it upwards then blocking off the hole left on the side of the air box.

To me this sounds perfectly fine but a few people I mentioned it to said to double check as on other cars when doing this it causes problems. So I just thought I'd ask on here.

Main reasons for doing it this way were: 1)Cost, Im skint after buying new car LOL - 2) Waranty, I can pop the pipe back on in 2 minutes if I need to take the car back to the showroom for warranty work.

Any info appreciated.

Cheers

R.

your car, beign a rev 3 will be perfectly safe mate with an aftermarket bov because your car has a MAP sensor :thumbsup: its the rev 1 and rev 2 (1989-1992) cars that oculd have problems with aftermarket bov's as they had old slow AFM sensors.

Cool, but what I was asking was is it ok to run the standard unit the way I now have it setup LOL :P

R.

oh lol..erm yeah it should be fine! the stock bov is bulletproof and cannot fail, just make sure the pipe is kept facing upwards

Brilliant.

I'll probably end up with an HKS at some point but for the time being it does a good job !

Thanks,

R.

Guys

On the subject of Bov's I've got a HKS Super Blow off Valve fitted to my rev3 turbo.

I thought I'd read somewhere that this BOV was adjustable in someway, does anyone know if this is true or has experience of this

By adjustable I mean you can probably change the tone of 'ptshh' noise, which seems you have to be pushing relatively hard to make in vent compared with other rev3 turbo's with other aftermarket bov's I've driven Blitz etc.

Cheers

Rowland W

:thumbsup:

Im not sure if its the blitz or the HKS but there is a nut or something that you can adjust but its not advised. You can get 2 different 'horn' attachments one quiet and one loud too.

The stock BOV on rev3+ is fine to well over 300+bhp so its completely safe rikki :thumbsup:

Check this link all will be explained why some cars cant run this mod and why others can :

bibbs BOV fixed topic thingy

What happened on the RR over at AVAs? Everything ok?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links