Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wahay! Suns Out, Roofs Off ;o)

jez_1_2000

For the first time the sun is shining and i've been able to take my roof out but, where do you guy's put it? i've put mine in the boot but they don't fit to well, thought they would have gone behind the seats because there are straps either side but they are slightly to big so what are those for?

Anyway, going out again now for a bit! :D

they should fit behind the seats without a problem, handlke side down, the straps keep them in place so they dont get scratched :)

Yep behind the seats - once their fastened in you can tighten the straps...

Rash.

p.s. I know someone else who will be enjoying a T-bar tubby as of today ;)

Fizz by any chance??? :). Well I don't have a T-Bar but the air con is lovely :)

while sitting in traffic .. roof off and slid into passenger footwell ..

How the bugger do you get the panels into behind the seats, they dont seem to "fit" properly and kinda wobble about.. in essence, anyone got pics?

LOL

R.

Just pop the suckers one behind each seat.

There should be straps behind both seats that fasten around each glass panel which can be pulled tighter to hold the glass firmly in place :thumbsup:

Driving the 2 with the roof off is a completely different experience to driving with the roof on, plus just watch the people look in admiration as your shiny 2 pulls up besides them, leather seats shining in the sun B)

Also my 2 came with healf leather half cloth pouches to put the panels in. Never use those at all though to be honest.

My roof is still off!.. its so mild out there.

I put each section behind each seat handle down.. I dont bother with the straps.

I agree.. the MR2 is a totally different car with the roof off!

Loving it!

Rash.

:thumbsup: You know it makes sense!!! B)

Dame - I am the happy owner of a Rev 3 1994 T-Bar Tubby!! :yes:

After trying to put them behind the seat the wrong way up...i finally figured the correct way... and they are very very snug!...

The car is cool bro... much respect... :thumbsup:

I know that you hate to see it leave so soon but.. :P

Nice one matey :). I'm really pleased for you, I know how long you have been waiting! When do you pick the car up? We'll need to see some piccies pronto MR! :).

I know that you hate to see it leave so soon but.. 

U really dont know how much :D - any chance i could drop you off at work tomorrow and cruise in it all day long - roofs off of course :thumbsup:

please...pretty please..... :D :D

Rash.

I know that you hate to see it leave so soon but.. 

U really dont know how much :D - any chance i could drop you off at work tomorrow and cruise in it all day long - roofs off of course :thumbsup:

please...pretty please..... :D :D

Rash.

lmao.. you will have to fight my auntie for it.. she grabbed my keys at lunch time as soon as she saw the car and took my little sister for a spin with the roof off.. lmao! :lol:

gotta agree that its totally different with the roof off, had mines off the whole day..you get sooo many more looks from other people and passer bys.. its frightening!

p.s. congrats fizz!! where are the pics!!!!?????? !!!

p.s. congrats fizz!! where are the pics!!!!?????? !!!

All in good time... :thumbsup:

Rash.

:thumbsup: You know it makes sense!!! B)

Dame - I am the happy owner of a Rev 3 1994 T-Bar Tubby!! :yes:

After trying to put them behind the seat the wrong way up...i finally figured the correct way... and they are very very snug!...

The car is cool bro... much respect... :thumbsup:

I know that you hate to see it leave so soon but.. :P

I wondered earlier today if perhaps you had put them 'upside down' :blink:

I found that when I first got my 2 and I was taking the panels off that I would catch the corners of them against everything whilst trying to get them behind the seats.

Can do it nice and quick now, didnt want to get caught short if there was an unexpected downpour!

yup. I also put mine behind the seat. Just put them in handle side down and to where the glass shapes with the seat pretty much. Cause i don't know bout you guys but my seat leans all the way back and there is no need to use the straps. But i am jealous, it is only 45f here and will be 50f in a few days...to cold to get take the tops off... :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links