Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Side Mirror Lights Installed

surfcitylocal

I bought some side mirror lights from eBay for $116.00 plus shipping and I finally got a chance to install them today. It turned out to be a bigger job than I thought it would. The lights have three components, turn signal, running lights and welcome lights. The function of the turn signal and running lights are obvious, the welcome lights come on when the doors are unlocked and fade off once the key is turned to the on position or the doors are locked again.

They were sold under the Toyota iQ listings so I wasn't sure they would fit exactly but they did.

If you are interested in buying a pair you can find them here eBay The shipping was rather fast and well packaged.

For the price I'm extremely pleased with the results.

Here are some pictures...

The welcome lights...

DSCN0486.JPG

The welcome lights and turn signal...

DSCN0487.JPG

The running lights...

DSCN0491.JPG

Headlights, running lights, welcome lights and fog lights...

DSCN0492.JPG

Close up pictures...

DSCN0493.JPG

DSCN0494.JPG

DSCN0495.JPG

After the mirrors were finished it was time for the first wash and wax of the iQ. Sure doesn't take long to do, another benefit of such a small car.

DSCN0485.JPG

DSCN0484.JPG

Looking good there Taz. The welcome/puddle lights are pretty bright for their size. :thumbsup:

Fish

Doubtful they'd be road legal in the U.K. by showing a white light to the side plus their positioning would also need investigation as to the legality of that.

Doubtful they'd be road legal in the U.K. by showing a white light to the side plus their positioning would also need investigation as to the legality of that.

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Naaaaice....

Peter

Hi Taz

I have some on order also going to fit the chrome covers at the same time

The thing on the legality front, They look like the original and with lots of new cars on the market here, its difficult to say whats been added and what is stock. I might wire the ones that come on with the main lights to my DRL's or not use them ay all but will wire them into the cabin area in case i do and I live by the forgiveness slogan, Did you do the work yourself od did your guys fit them?

David

Hi Taz

I have some on order also going to fit the chrome covers at the same time

The thing on the legality front, They look like the original and with lots of new cars on the market here, its difficult to say whats been added and what is stock. I might wire the ones that come on with the main lights to my DRL's or not use them ay all but will wire them into the cabin area in case i do and I live by the forgiveness slogan, Did you do the work yourself od did your guys fit them?

David

I did the work myself David. A little more work than I expected but the second one was much easier.

I have been asked a few questions about the installation and wiring. Here is a simple description of the install.

Disconnect Battery positive lead.

Remove the door panels.

Remove the mirror housings.

Remove the front running / parking light socket from front headlight.

Remove lower kick panels and scuff plates.

Remove lower sections of both driver and passenger side dash panels.

Loosen both driver and passenger A-pillers.

Remove both driver and passenger side sun visors.

Remove dome light from headliner.

Wire connections for this particular side mirror light from eBay.

Blue of mirror connects to Green (Driver) Pink (Passenger) wire for the front running / parking light.

Red of mirror connects to White (Driver) Pink (Passenger) turn signal wire under door panel.

Black of mirror connects to any close ground source.

White of mirror connects to the Black of the dome light.

Black of mirror connects to the White of the dome light.

The wiring will require runs from the dome light to the door panel through rubber boot, from engine bay to door panel through cabin and rubber boot. Test all connections before replacing panels.

DSCN0434.JPG

DSCN0464.JPG

DSCN0471.JPG

DSCN0476.JPG

If you have any general wire skills you will be able to do this job. It will take the better part of a day. If you are new to wiring you may wish to hire someone or find a friend with the skills to do this job for you.

Any more specific questions? Please feel free to post them up. Good luck and enjoy! Aloha.

Nice job... and thanks for the info and pic's... great...

Peter

Peter, I have bought some and they have arrived.Also bought some chrome covers and some chrome internal handle levers Oh and my super charger arrived

David

Peter, I have bought some and they have arrived.Also bought some chrome covers and some chrome internal handle levers Oh and my super charger arrived

David

David, do you have a link for the chrome interior handles? That would be a nice addition...

Taz

These are the ones I ordered . They say they are for a corolla but they look the same but the mechanism may be different but I might be able to recover the lever part. You might want to wait til mine arrive before ordering.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Corolla-Altis-2009-2011-inner-door-handle-chrome-/120800193498?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5754429928438856892#ht_2961wt_986

David

Taz These are the ones I ordered . They say they are for a corolla but they look the same but the mechanism may be different but I might be able to recover the lever part. You might want to wait til mine arrive before ordering. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Corolla-Altis-2009-2011-inner-door-handle-chrome-/120800193498?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5754429928438856892#ht_2961wt_986 David

I will do just that. Anxious to see how they turn out. Thanks David.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links