Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Club Accident Assistance

IronIron

Some idiot ran in the back of my IQ whilst I was stationary at a zebra crossing during the second week before Xmas.

I read on the net that your warranty could be invalidated if the car is sent to somewhere not approved by Toyota, so decided to use the Toyota Club service where they handle everything for you. They talk to both insurance companies and make sure the work is done so warranty is secure. They pick the car up from you and provide a courtesy car.

This sounded good at the time.

Unfortunately the service was full of mistakes, which included instructing a branch that had closed down to collect my car which meant an extra 5 days before it was collected. In the second week of January, the hire car company called me to collect my courtsey car back stating that mine had been repaired for almost a week – interesting news since Toyota hadn’t told me yet. Asked Toyota if it was true the car had been ready for 4+ days already and got told someone at the dealer had been on holiday. Finally got to collect the car from the Toyota dealer and before driving off found two extra areas of damage that weren’t there when collected from me.

Scrape/paint mark on corner from another car and something hard and sharp has hit the car just under the petrol filler flap and it’s gone through the paintwork.

First they tried to make out that they didn’t see it and so didn’t repair it, then realising it wasn’t part of the original crash quickly changed their tune to implying it was already there. Then they tried to hide the dent/mark with that expensive 3M polish (didn’t work). Luckily I had taken photos of the whole car prior to it being taken away.

I’m currently waiting for them to let me know what they are going to do about this damage. They said they had to speak to the insurance company. Since they picked the car up from me instead of me dropping it off, I considered it in their care until I collected it. However, from the conversations Ive had so far, they are implying I might have to claim on my insurance for the new damage.

The whole experience has left me really disillusioned with Toyota’s service. I’ve had problems with them since the start and it’s not confined to just one branch either.

The original crash just needed the back bumper changing. I think the corner mark probably will buff out, but the dent/mark just under the fuel filler flap goes through the paint. I imagine this will turn in to a rust spot eventually if not fixed properly and I bet its expensive... Nice one Toyota.

The dealer has said that as a good will gesture (heavily playing on how generous they are being) they will repair the damage. They wanted it brought in at a specific date and time (the next morning) and when they realised that wasn’t convenient for me seemed to go off the whole idea of offering me anything (like I’m ungrateful). I said I would bring it in this week, but I would have to ring them back and let them know. They also said they can’t provide a courtesy car even though they know I have an injury at the moment.

I tried going back to Toyota accident assistance and asking if they could get me a car whilst the car was repaired (as it was damaged whilst being repaired under their instructions). Nope, no dice – they can’t help as the damage wasn’t from the original accident.

I switched around my diary so I could bring the car in this week, but now seems like the dealer is ignoring me as phone messages and emails are not being replied.

If I had dropped off the car to them myself and it somehow got damaged I could understand the attitude, but the car was picked up on the back of a trailer (arranged by them) and the first contact I had with it was when I picked it up. If it’s been damaged since it was picked up, its Toyota’s fault (no matter how it happened) and they should get off their high horse and start thanking me to their business not expecting me to kiss their ***** before their repair damage they caused themselves…

Sorry to hear all this.

Phone call tomorrow to your Local Trading Standards.

Email to them tonight with copies sent to your Repairer & Toyota Assist.

Copies sent to the Repairers Cheif Executive and any Company Directors you find online by doing a Company Search.

Ask the repairers to 'Forward your complaint & Emails to their Insurers'.

60 minutes effort from the keyboard & land line and your vehicle should be repaired as Legally they require to do. and to the correct standard.

Copies of to the Repairers 'Trade Association' as well.

good luck.

george

Totally pointless being with them.

Makes me glad that I decided to sort out my own breakdown and recovery. I pay £28 a year through the Green Insurance Company and although I haven't had to use them yet I know that they are "call assist" and cover most insurance companies breakdowns.

Don't fall for Toyota's gimmicks, they quoted me £220 for track and balancing over xmas. Local garage did it for £35. So glad my warranty has now expired and I am not confined to a rip off robbing dealer - dealers are the scum of the earth.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links