Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Miniature Iq's

craggle

Hi all

As a new iQ owner who loves his car, I thought I'd get a little version of it for the house, I know they are a small car but they don't fit though the front door!

I found a Minichamps version of the 2009 Geneva motor show car at an internet model shop so bought one of those (Not cheap though) and it's a great little model in 1:43 scale, about 3 inches long I guess and apparently limited to 1008 pieces.

It has pride of place in my glass cabinet now but I was wondering if there are any other miniatures out there other than the one I have, Are there any bigger versions or a Scalextric one perhaps? An internet search seems to bring back few results?

Cheers

Craig.

post-116364-0-22429000-1326828769_thumb.

I bought the red version of the Minichamps iQ a few month ago now, still haven't got it displayed properly! Its a nice model, albeit left hand drive and a higher spec, but its same colour as my own.

post-101673-0-74874200-1326882655_thumb.

post-101673-0-38840000-1326883432_thumb.

I quite like the Minichamps red one you got too. Looks like good detail. The White & Black iQ from the Geneva Show seem to differ on E-Bay. I have seen one version that is missing a mirror on the Black side, and has the black side headlight covered in black paint, and there is another -Minichamps I think- version that has the mirrors on both sides and the black side headlight is clear like the white side is. So, which would be the official version? Is there an official version?

Cheers all, Glad I'm not the only one buying little iQ's :)

Well, I looked at the eBay links and have just ordered myself one of those white Tomy one's above (Tomy number 28) and they also had a yellow one made by the same company but has different wheels (Tomy number 111). They are coming all the way from Hong Kong though so could take a while.

I'll take pictures of them both when I get them and I'll take a look at my Geneva motor show, Minichamps one later tonight to see what the mirror situation is on that one. I love that red Minichamps one, looks great, wonder if they do a Tyrol silver one now........ :)

Cheers

Craig.

post-116364-0-10700500-1326895988_thumb.

Here's a couple of pictures of my Minichamps 1:43 scale Geneva motorshow model. It does have 2 door mirrors and sat nav by the looks of it. :)

I really want one of the red ones now.....

Craig.

post-116364-0-83528700-1326913347_thumb.

post-116364-0-27178400-1326913373_thumb.

I think the MiniChamps version looks better. It appears to have better detail. I still can't persuade my wife that it's a good idea to get one of these. "We have a real one outside, why do you want a toy one?" Why indeed? For display of course, and because it's -in the words of Jeremy Clarkson- "So Cute."

I bought mine as a memento of the iQ as I knew I'd have to sell the real one as it wasn't going to be big enough for the family. Now that I have sold the iQ :( its nice to have such a good quality model of it. Think I might start a model collection of all my previous cars if I can find them... I'm quite happy that I only paid around £23 for mine including free delivery. I got it from an online model shop which I can't remember the name of. I think they go for a bit more than that now as they gradually get rarer.

Edited by Kip

Here's a couple of pictures of my Minichamps 1:43 scale Geneva motorshow model. It does have 2 door mirrors and sat nav by the looks of it. :)

I really want one of the red ones now.....

Craig.

I really like that one.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I got my little iQ today in yellow. This is the Tomica Limited number 0111 model in yellow.

Strange colour choice as that's one colour Toyota don't make, in this country anyway. Nice little model though but it is small, 1/60 scale so I've used the remote key as a comparison.

Craig.

post-116364-0-95999500-1328636588_thumb.

post-116364-0-59657600-1328636602_thumb.

post-116364-0-70716700-1328636616_thumb.

post-116364-0-16548000-1328636629_thumb.

Yes I would like one. What colours do they come in? And how much?

Only seen that one on eBay and it seems limited as to where you can get them. The black and white one posted earlier is more popular.

Just have a search on eBay for "Toyota iQ" then select "Toys and games" from the menu on the left.

Hopefully one of the white Tomica ones will arrive at my work place soon.

Craig.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links