Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Photos Of Genuine Rear Spoiler?

craggle

Hi Chaps and chapesses

Does anyone here have the genuine Toyota rear spoiler fitted to their iQ and if so, would you be so kind to post some pictures of it please?

I'm tempted to get one from Pentagon Toyota parts through eBay but the picture on the auction is the same as the one in the sales brochure, kind of a top view which dosen't really give a feeling on how far out it sticks past the rear screen.

I can get it painted to match and can fit it myself easily enough with the instructions I have found but just want to make sure I like it before spending loads of money. :)

What I need really is a side view of the car and maybe some general rear views to give me an idea what they look like.

Cheers

Craig.

post-116364-0-50922500-1327060437_thumb.

If the Scion and the Toyota rear spoilers are the same then it looks like this...

DSCN0104.JPG

DSCN0105.JPG

DSCN0110.JPG

Hi

That looks really good. I didn't realise there was a gap between it and the top of the boot (trunk) lid.

Looks like there may be some different designs out there though as it looks like yours has little pop on covers each end that cover up the fixings presumably but, according to the instructions I have from the Europe Toyota tech web page for part number PZ402-I0470-AB the fixing are concealed.

This one in Japan has the covers and has a different part number unless they have just changed the design somewhere along the line?

Cheers

Craig.

The Scion Spoiler is not the same as the UK one. I'm having mine fitted on Tuesday next week while the car is in for a service. I'll post some pictures when done.

The UK model spoiler sits flush with the bootlid. The Scion/Toyota US and I think also for Japan have the gap.

Fish

Ahhh, Ok, So they are different,

Cheers guys, look forward to seeing the pictures next week then. I'm almost tempted by the lower skirt too but really must stop spending money. :)

Craig.

I do see the difference now. I like the more low profile look of the UK model. I'm changing mine out for the FIVE:AD spoiler that came with my body kit. I'll post up pics when it's done, I believe it will look much more similar to your version.

Here are a couple of views of the spoiler, these pics are from 2009! The spoiler is quite subtle really but I couldnt image not having it now! Hope this helps

n508287431_1345427_4581.jpg

n508287431_1345428_4865.jpg

Thanks Sally

Pretty convinced now, I need to get one of those for my car. :)

I like the lower skirt too and the exhaust trim but not sure if that will fit my car being the 1.3litre version. Sure I can work something out though even if I use a non Toyota tail pipe trim.

Thanks for the pictures, I'll start saving the pennies. :)

Craig.

No problem, I dont have the exhaust tip anymore as I now have a custom exhaust.

Just noticed your from Sussex, whereabouts? Im near the Lewes/Uckfield area, but used to live near Horsham :)

Hi Sally

Been living in Southwater now for about 4 months after finally deciding to buy my own place.

Grew up near Dorking where my parents still live and where I still work but, driving a Range Rover from Southwater to Dorking everyday was costing about £200 a month on fuel, Hence the new car! The little iQ is a far better value motoring but even though I bought it to save money I now want a spolier, rear skirt, door scuff plates Etc. Etc..... :)

I have a friend who lives in Lewis, drives a purple colour Cobra Kit car, Might have heard him about in the summer.

Craig.

Looks like Sally beat me to it lol.

I picked my iQ back up today with spoiler fitted, it was dark when i got home but have taken some pictures in the garage. I will take some better ones at the weekend.

It definitely looks better with it, although it's more of a trim than "Spoiler" really.

DSCF2323.jpg

DSCF2320.jpg

DSCF2319.jpg

I must admit, I like the Toyota rear spoiler better than the Scion rear spoiler. I'll be picking up my FIVE:AD rear spoiler from the paint shop this weekend and have it mounted the weekend after that. The iQ is at AirRunner right now having the air suspension installed.

Cheers Mark, Those pictures are a big help, all makes sense now i've seen those with the fitting instructions.

I'll get one of those organised for the summer I think.

Nice idea with the tennis ball on a string so you know when to stop. :)

What is the car under cover at the back too, A project mini perhaps?

Craig.

Yes it is a Mini :)

My first ever car. I bought (with the of my Dad) a Brand New Mini Mayfair 998cc, back in 1986. Best car in the world in my eyes (not just my Mini, but any of the originals). Unfortunately the Shell rotted away so i bought a replacement from a 70's model. Apparently in the 70's they used a better grade of steel and it was thicker as well.

Hopefully this year I will restart work on her as she has been waiting patiently for the last 15 :o

Craig, I actually grew up just outside Dorking in a little village called Capel, went to school in Dorking etc then worked in Horsham for 4 years before moving down here! Looking to move back to the Horsham area soon.

And yes my partner knows of the Purple cobra kit car

Small world eh :)

Small world indeed.

I had a fair few friends in Capel, went to school at the Weald in Beare Green then moved onto Ashcombe school in Dorking.

Chris is the chap who owns the Cobra in Lewis, I Met him through the Cobra club as I built a Cobra replica myself a few years back.

Might see you about in the iQ then if you move back this way one day. :)

Craig.

Yes it is a Mini :)

My first ever car. I bought (with the of my Dad) a Brand New Mini Mayfair 998cc, back in 1986. Best car in the world in my eyes (not just my Mini, but any of the originals). Unfortunately the shell rotted away so i bought a replacement from a 70's model. Apparently in the 70's they used a better grade of steel and it was thicker as well.

Hopefully this year I will restart work on her as she has been waiting patiently for the last 15 :o

Nice project, Good luck with the rebuild. :)

I work with a chap who spent a couple of years rebuilding a mini from 1973. He rebuilt the Shell himself with new floors, sills and pretty much everything else you can get for them then he sprayed it himself, inside and out then rebuilt it all to good as new condition.

Does look great and they are a great car, You don't realise how small they are though till you get near one, Parking my iQ next to it still makes the mini look tiny!

Craig.

You know I think the iQ would have been more worthy of the Mini Badge than the current BMW version. To me the new Mini isn't innovative like the original was, the iQ is more so.

Yes, Looked at the new Mini's before buying the iQ but they didn't do anything for me, Sure they are a good car, plenty about after all but not for me.

So, Thanks to everyone that posted pictures of the spoiler and made me want one, Anyone got the front and rear mudflaps and have pictures of them?

I have little spat type things on the front bumper in front of the wheels and some infront of the rear tyres but nothing behind the wheels and driving through a puddle today produced a lovely spray out the back! Tempted to get the proper Toyota mudflaps as they are about £25 an end but it would be good to see them fitted first.

Craig.

i have the mud flaps, I had them painted white. I'll take some pictures of them.

Anyone got the front and rear mudflaps and have pictures of them?

I have little spat type things on the front bumper in front of the wheels and some infront of the rear tyres but nothing behind the wheels and driving through a puddle today produced a lovely spray out the back! Tempted to get the proper Toyota mudflaps as they are about £25 an end but it would be good to see them fitted first.

Craig.

Craig

Some photos here from Johnan of the front & rear flaps...

http://www.toyotaown...opic=93621&st=0

Dave

Ah ah, Thanks Dave

Just what I was after. I like them and they blend into the body shape nicely. I'll add a set to my wishlist. :)

Craig.

Some more pictures for you. I had the Mud Flaps painted & there was enough paint left over to do the Spoiler as well. I bought the Spoiler in primer from local dealer, took it to my local body shop who did the work. I then had Toyota fit the Spoiler whilst it was in for its service. Because I already had the paint, I saved £100 on the Spoiler over what Toyota wanted for supply, paint and fit. But then again I ended up paying more for the Mud Flaps, so I suppose they balance out :)

DSCF2325.jpg

DSCF2326.jpg

DSCF2327.jpg

DSCF2328.jpg

And one more of the spoiler.

DSCF2324.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links