Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is This Quote And Explanation Right?

Debz

Hey Guys,

I while ago I posted about a jolting issue I was having, it did get better but when she went in for a service yesterday I asked them to check the HT leads etc. When I picked her up they said that the Calipers had totally seized and that was what was causing the problem - does this sound right?? <_<

So I was told needed new calipers, disks, pads and something else, some kit, to sort it and quoted nearly £500 :o

I am not surprised that the calipers are seized as was told this two months ago last time the pads went, but sounds like loads a dosh - any advise or suggestions. :D

If that quote is for all four corners and includes the labour then it sounds about right.... We'd charge roughly that to change all four calipers, disks and pads.

I got charged the same for just the rears. So good price.

Calipers are known to be dodgy on mr2s... well on toyotas in general.

recon callipers can be obtained from toyota celica breakers for £50 a corner with a 6 month guarentee, they charge £75 but give £25 when you return your faulty ones....

just a quick way to save some £££

I got charged the same for just the rears. So good price.

Calipers are known to be dodgy on mr2s... well on toyotas in general.

Have you thought about getting an all round drum brake conversion?..lol

Cheers guys. It is for just the fronts. But have since got a quote for parts for just under £100 so think I'll try it that way :D

Rhaines and debz - can you let me know some more please??? I will be basically doing a total overhaul of my braking system...

Rhaines and debz - can you let me know some more please??? I will be basically doing a total overhaul of my braking system...

Do a search on 'Toyota Celica Breakers', on google, the address and number is somewhere on the club but not sure were.

TCB are a very reputable MR2, Celica and Supra breakers who offer top notch service at a good price, all their parts come with warranty even though second hand.

Basically for callipers you pay them £75 per calliper and when they recieve they faulty one they refund you £25.

A guy here in my home town got just installed Brembo Cross drilled and slotted front and rear rotors which he got here to NZ and installed on the car for just under NZ $700 ($250 GBP's) which I thought was pretty damn good!! Maybe I can find out where in the US he sourced them from if your intrested??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Back_rotors.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links