Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlight Relay Unit Needed

Jimlad

I havnt done anything !!

When the rev6 lights were put on, we noticed one relay wasn't working.

Basically something like this...

you need two live feeds for the rev6 lights.. on one relay I only have one working. The other relay is fine though. Also, this wasn't noticeable when stock lights were on.

matt2.jpg

Can everyone have a nose around the front of their car under the bonnet. At the left and right hand side there should be some yellow wire. Do you have a relay unit which looks like this ??

Couldn't you wire in another relay, a non-toyota one? I'm sure this could be done if you wired into the appropriate feeds and used spade connectors.

From what I can work out this is an aftermarket relay that has probably been there to run higher wattage lamps/bulbs. My advice is to try to put the wiring back to stock, the rev6 lights run fine on the stock setup. I've been out and had a look at the rev3 tubby and there is no sign off yellow wiring or relays....sorry jim.

If you can be ****d send some better images showing where the yellow wires go to and we may be able to help - who knows!

cibie is a popular spotlamp company - maybe someone used to have big ol' spots running b4 u bought it jim.

regular relay is in black box on right hand side (if u are looking at windscreen from front), and is a slightly cylindrical jobby in the top middle. (diagram on box lid shows which one matey) 2 15a fuses for lamp to light up, and 1 30a fuse to retract.

hth :thumbsup:

I took it to toyota today for them to have a look about. They said they can still see the original wiring etc, this lot has simply been added into it. I have the car in next week to replace pads, so they'll take out the pap wiring also.

So all should be good good. Probably cost me an arm and a leg though !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links