Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev3 Turbo In A Rev1 ?

Jimlad

Would it be possilbe to plop a rev3 turbo into my rev1 ?

What else would need to be done. Then I could up the boost even more etc ?? Or would other work also need done.

OR ...

am I better to just wait until I go crazy and go for the mad HKS 450BHP turbo kit ?? ... lol

mattmr2 would know more about this obviously, but as far as i know just about everything needs to be changed inclding transmission and electrical harness. Roguesystems do a transplant package thingy on their website but yeah its enitirely pssible (if you have the money :P )

It is, as has been said, physically possible to drop the later style engine in, there are good and bad points in doing this...

Good - larger injectors, Bigger Turbo, Catch can, No AFM and i'm sure there's more...

Bad - Longer spool up on the CT20B, cost of transplant!

If your looking for stupid power ie 450bhp your gonna need to do some internals work like forged pistons, steel headgasket, bigger injectors etc.... and with the rev3 you get the steel headgasket and the larger injectors (although they will be on there limits at this kind of power) You will still need to have it apart to fit the pistons...£££. You will also need some kind of mappable engine management system - motec...£££.

What power are you looking to achieve, do you want it for drag racing cos then you need to think about the clutch, more and more power normally means the turbo doen't spool up until high up in the revs - not great for round town. Then theres always NOS to kill the turbo lag, but this adds more complications and £££.

You also need to think about serious cooling at that kind of power which can be achieved in various ways....

If your looking for high power you need to set a target and plan accordingly because there are so many options out there, 450 bhp is achieveable through a rev1 or rev3, it depends how much your willing to throw at it. Its not a case of chuck a larger turbo at it and you'll go fast - you may for 5 or 10 mnutes but then things will start to melt!!

Hope this hasn't put you off - i'm sure theres loads of things i've missed, its complicated this car stuff, why can't it be more like lego!

In all honesty, anything over 350bhp on an MR2 ios only any good for drag racing. The car becomes undrivable at power outputs higher than 350. It will ruin your every day driving experience.

I get the impression Jimlad means can he put a CT20B in place of the CT26......is that your question??

If so I'd say go for an UPGRADED CT20b....REAL good streetable turbo!! more so than a CT26.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links