Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Joining The Clan...

sjrapid

Hi All

Picked up my new IQ2 today - loving it so far! I've only seen about 5 others on the roads in the month or so since we ordered it. Quite a rare beast it seems.

Steve

Hi Steve

You will be inundated with people wanting pic's of it so you had better be prepared. Welcome

Steve

David

Steve, congrats on the purchase. I was out and about in mine today, but all I could see were Smart cars! :(

Fish

Hi Steve, Welcome to the best iQ site, ever. I think Tarquin, aka, David, meant Pic's, as what he typed sounds a bit odd for on here... moving on, and he's right. Pic's of your motor when ya get them. I know what you mean about seeing few iQ's, and as Dan says, plenty of Smart Car's. However, the real smart cars are the iQ's and their owners of course. Discerning people that we are. I think I can honestly say that for the majority of people on this Forum, we love our iQ's.

Welcome Steve,

Yes.....

And it is a rare beast... a "Wildebeast" ha ha ...

Please show us some "foto's" of the little one.... And also some of the things you have found to be handy on the car..... or adjustments....you have made...

Peter

Hi Steve

Not sure I can say welcome really as I only joined here a couple of weeks ago myself but hello anyway. :)

It is strange how few iQ's are out there, I didn't see any until after I got my one when I drove out the dealer show room, round the corner to Tesco and parked next to another iQ! Since then though I've only seen 2 more out there so we are an elite breed, not like those common Smart cars! :)

I'm yet to meet another one coming the other way so I can wave at the owner and see if they wave back like in my old Land Rover driving days. :)

Enjoy it

Craig.

There are about 3-4 in my area but trying to either flash them or a bib on the horn does nothing. They are all men either old with glasses or wearing flat caps. quite strange really. I have i suppose seen about 30 since last June NONE of them have been women driving. Yet Lots of 500's are women drivers (No not all pink)

David

There's more than a few around where I live and on my little trips, but I'm past the days of flashing other drivers. I used to in the early days of Scoob ownership, but once they became popular that all stopped.

Fish

I always raise my hand passing another car the same make as my own, they can ignore me if they like.

Usually get a wave in return if the other driver has time and has noticed.

Started in the good old motorcycling days and haven't got out of the habit.

Since June I have had at least 10 people ask about the car, most in detail, not mine specifically just the model . One old guy i met in our local car hand wash, wanted to have a good look over it and followed me to MR T and went in and bought one to tow behind his motor home,

David

Since June I have had at least 10 people ask about the car, most in detail, not mine specifically just the model . One old guy i met in our local car hand wash, wanted to have a good look over it and followed me to MR T and went in and bought one to tow behind his motor home,

David

David, that deserves a finder fee!

Thanks for the kind welcomes all.

No mods as yet (this is my second day of ownership) but I think I'll be following Tarquin's example and increasing the number and brightness of the interior lights. So far, it's just a standard IQ2 with leather seats and the Urban pack. (Parking sensors on a car this small? Yep!) and the glove bag and scuff plates added on.

StevesIQ2.png

I'll see if I can acknowledge any IQ driver I spot round east London and the City. I would be nice to get some headlight flashes or waves back. I too see far more Smart cars than IQs.

Best regards

Steve

Within a 1.5 mile radius of the Olympic Park site (more detail by PM if needed......)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links