Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

To Debadge...

Funkadelic

Um well Jappybeast has done it. I'm sure he'll post some pics if you ask nicely :).

Ah yes the respray, been thinking about this one for a few years. Since I will do it myself, I just need the time to take the car off the road. I think I'll get the white one going first, then spray the red one....

I've noticed the paint is getting a bit flaky in places...

It seems that the best thing to do would be just to get the whole lot redone.

Gonna cost though. :ffs:

I was dead set on getting a de-badge when I was looking for a car, but now I have the 10th anniversarry edition one i don't think i'll bother as it has the special badges.....

Do you have any plans for a bodykit, cos that may persuade you one way or another.

Nope, no plans for anything like that just incase I decide to sell it one day. ;)

Bodykits aren't really my cuppa tea anyway - I'm just thinking it needs a respray in its current colour (black).

Cosmetically, some nice, shiny 17" wheels with some effing big brakes and a shiny exhaust will suffice. I'm going for the sleeper effect. B)

Best thing I ever did was to debage and smooth the nose..

Here is a pic of mine.

andyandhistwo.jpg

I got the back done too..

mr2nobadgerear.jpg

It DOES look good...

Will probably have to get it one. I might keep the G Limited Badge though - Could fool a few people with that ;)

mine is also totally debadged... looks good !

As is my rev3 Turbo too.

What I've done recently is stood my rev5 n/a and my rev3 turbo side by side and simply just looked at the differences between the two.

When it came down to the turbo being debadged 'properly' and the n/a being badged I must say especially from the rear the debadging on the turbo is definitely preferable in my opinion.

Rowland

:thumbsup:

rev3 Turbo T-bar

rev5 N/a T-bar For Sale

my side strips are de-badged (effectively), instead of saying twin cam 16 turbo, they are just blank ones now. (keeps peeps guessing).

do like the look of the front Badge missing, always like jappybeasts pics and now the rest too. looking at getting a blowover done in the summer, and probably remove it then :thumbsup:

Im definately gonna get mine resprayed black (bibbs's car only makes me want to do it more). But whats seriously the difference between a blowover and a re-spray? and also in price?

Anyone on here do re-spraying etc who would do mine???!

blowovers are usually the same colour .. and it's not the full monty of spraying, it's just a top coat ..

whats a ballpark figure for getting it debadged and the holes filled in sprayed etc. proffesionally? :ph34r:

Doesn't take much really. Shouldn't cost more than fifty squid, I reckon.

If you really wanted to you could do it yourself.

Remove the Badge, grab some wire mesh and bung it under the holes (attach with bonding agent - messy stuff) and then fill the holes, and skim it off so it's nice and smooth. Then spray it. The spraying is theorietcially the tricky bit depending on how much your car has faded over time.

I don't trust myself though.

hehe nah i wouldnt trust myself to spray any bit of my car either, especially the nsoe cos it looks so nice with the Badge off and numebr plate moved. fifty quid doesnt sound too bad either, cheers.

whats a ballpark figure for getting it debadged and the holes filled in sprayed etc. proffesionally? 

Free - if you know the right people .. Aint that right Russ ? :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links