Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Want A Toyota Iq - Desperately !

reez777

On Thursday evening, I was driving home from work at around 8:00pm through Central London, having that morning paid Boris £10.00 for entering the CC Zone, after narrowly missing the small window of opportunity of getting to my office before 7am. This has been a regular occurance over the last few weeks, and I cant do it anymore. Its a financial drain on me, and my current car (although a fantasic sports coupe that can do 0-62mph in less than 5.0 seconds) is not practical for my daily commute to work.

I saw & fell in love with the Toyota iQ having seen a white one in the flesh. Usually I wouldn't go for a white car, but it looks perfect for the iQ.

Over the last 2 days, I have frantically searched the internet (eBay, Pistonheads, Gumtree, Autotrader and CarGiant) for my iQ and have narrowed down my choice to the following;

* 1.0 VVT-i Manual (either the IQ or IQ2)

* Car must be a late 2010 plate or 2011 plate (Euro 5 emissions is a must)

I am open to all other options, but would ideally prefer an IQ2, with Nav and any other colour but Black (although if the right IQ comes up in Black, i'll take it)

Ideally, i'd buy Brand New but seeing as though these are £10,655 base price, and the car will ONLY be used for commuting, i'd be more inclined to go SLIGHTLY USED.

I have even looked at Toyota Approved Used and a few nice ones have come up.

I have a few questions;

1/ The TFL website says any IQ registered after July 2010 will qualify as Euro 5 which is CC exempt. Does this apply to both the IQ and IQ2?

2/ What would the lead time be in ordering a Brand New one from Toyota. I'd take a basic IQ2 with no options, except Metallic Paint.

3/ Are there any forum users who are looking to sell their IQ's?

Thanks in Advance

Welcome to the forum & hopefully to iQ ownership soon.

I would think it best to ask a Toyota Dealership about the time to supply a new vehicle,

or possibly make an enquiry with some of the online sites.

http://www.broadspeed.com

george

Welcome firstly. Your question about if the post July 2010 is for the iQ and iQ2, it's for both, as they have the 1 litre engine. The iQ3 doesn't as it's the 1.3 litre.

You could also check the Toyota Used car section and go for a national search. Once you've found one you like, you could get your local dealer to get it shipped to them.

Fish

Welcome !!!!

Peter

Welcome firstly. Your question about if the post July 2010 is for the iQ and iQ2, it's for both, as they have the 1 litre engine. The iQ3 doesn't as it's the 1.3 litre.

You could also check the Toyota Used car section and go for a national search. Once you've found one you like, you could get your local dealer to get it shipped to them.

Fish

Yes I believe the iQ1 & iQ2 manuals after that date are exemp. I think the 1.0L multidrive's are chargeable. The iQ3 1.33L in manual and multidrive are charged. I don't drive into central London, so not a problem for me.

Welcome firstly. Your question about if the post July 2010 is for the iQ and iQ2, it's for both, as they have the 1 litre engine. The iQ3 doesn't as it's the 1.3 litre. You could also check the Toyota Used car section and go for a national search. Once you've found one you like, you could get your local dealer to get it shipped to them. Fish
Yes I believe the iQ1 & iQ2 manuals after that date are exemp. I think the 1.0L multidrive's are chargeable. The iQ3 1.33L in manual and multidrive are charged. I don't drive into central London, so not a problem for me.

Correct the multidrive models push the emissions up to 110kg which makes it non-exempt from CC.

This could be your car! At my local dealers where I bought mine last week.

http://www.wightmotors.co.uk/Cars/used-toyota-ex-demonstrator-iq-2hw60-ndc.aspx

BUT it is an IQ, NOT an IQ2 - it is wrongly listed which is why I didn't buy it as i wanted an IQ 2. It has been ex-demo and for sale since 09/11 so they might negotiate a bit. Registered 28.01.11 it is OK for the congestion charge.

(PS This is an honest recommendation - I am not on commission!)

I would double check the Spec on that one.

Maybe First Registered January 2011, but is it not possibly a Euro 4 engine with that interior?

george

From the TfL website:

" Any car registered as new with the DVLA on or after 1 January 2011 is deemed to meet the Euro 5 standard."

So even if it has an earlier engine it is still exempt.

I would double check the Spec on that one.

Maybe First Registered January 2011, but is it not possibly a Euro 4 engine with that interior?

george

Registered 3 days before mine but it has the old interior as has already been mentioned.

re Euro 4 or Euro 5 engine.

I was not actually reffering to the LEZ & what is deemed OK because of the Registration date when saying 'check the Spec'.

Many old 'Grey Import' 4x4's are being exempted from the LEZ now in 2012 where they were not in 2011.

(cant say thats going to last for ever once they get the details into their little Metropolitan heads)

I mean,

its a Euro 4 or Euro 5 engine.

They are different & to some people with no interest in LEZ, it might matter when it comes to resale.

EGR and other little things like that.

george

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links