Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thatcham Esc Test Video & Carbuyer Iq Road Test

Hi, just thought I'd let people know about a few videos I discovered that may be of interest to iQ owners.

ESC Stability Control Test by Thatcham showing the ESC Off and On. I'm keeping mine on.

This video is from the Auto Express related CarBuyer

I never take mine off either.

With the other review, he had to just ram the rucksack in and slam the boot. It's obvious the iQ doesn't have a boot and all he needed to do was fold down the rear offside seat, as I do and it still leaves it as a 3 seater.

Dont agree with what he says about the steering and road holding. Obviously never driven a peugeot 406 with 250,000 on the clock. Then you qualify to talk about steering. Lol

David

What you say about the steering. I recall when I first took our iQ for a drive that I was a bit concerned about how light the steering was. I felt I was overcorrecting it, however, I soon got used to it but, when he mentions the way the car handles on the road, feeling a bit bouncy, jiggly. I thnk he's partly right, but that's because of the short wheelbase and the crappy roads in this country. I actually think that with the winter tyres we have on now, the car grips much better around corners. I think it's a great little nippy car.

Hi Bob

Actually I never took the car for a test drive ,just bought it on the sight of it. Picked it up and took it straight to get 18's put on it then a few days later lowered suspension so can't remember what its like in the original state. I do know it has amazing handling and have never slipped with it. It is like a MacBook computer, it just works out of the box.

David

Body roll is a bit much for me, but the poor road conditions in the city sort of even it out. I'd like to lower it, but as it already grounds out at times, so doubt that will happen. What the guys in the US have found on the Scion iQ is that fitting the TRD rear roll bar, which also includes uprated front roll bar bushes. Sounds like it just tightens everything up.

Fish

Hi Bob

Actually I never took the car for a test drive ,just bought it on the sight of it. Picked it up and took it straight to get 18's put on it then a few days later lowered suspension so can't remember what its like in the original state. I do know it has amazing handling and have never slipped with it. It is like a MacBook computer, it just works out of the box.

David

Yeah, us too, bought it on viewing -without the test drive. We bought the car from Canterbury (we live in Shropshire, so about 250 miles away), except, the biggest modifications on ours are the Hares and the LED light fitted on the tailgate. Having seen it on the Auto Trader web site; it was at the right price, low mileage, and Amethyst. My wife really took to the colour, even though I wanted to hold out for a white (or even a black) one, we took the plunge. I can honestly say that it's one of the best car buying decisions I have ever made, with of course the help of my wife. In fact, it's the first car we have bought together as a married couple. We married on 11 September 1999, so it's been a while.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links