Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dawn Dip

acetip

Was awake at just before 5 am today and could not get off again so got up and went into the garage for a !Removed!,as is my want.

The thermometer on the out side wall showed 0c which was surprising as it it showed -2c at 10 last night.

At 7am it showed -3c. that a classic example of Dawn Dip.

When i used go fishing many times the water would be ice free when arriving at a venue but would freeze as dawn broke.

Now at 10.45 am its back up to 0c here in Norfolk

light sleet for a short while.

Just done 25 mile in the Auris and think climate control is the best thing since sliced bread.

Backed the car out of the garage,loaded the wife and the dog into it by the time

i backed further out into the road and could feel the air warming up around my feet.

To think of the miles ive done in diesels on bitter cold days wondering if the car would ever warm up.

Was awake at just before 5 am today and could not get off again so got up and went into the garage for a fag,as is my want.

The thermometer on the out side wall showed 0c which was surprising as it it showed -2c at 10 last night.

At 7am it showed -3c. that a classic example of Dawn Dip.

When i used go fishing many times the water would be ice free when arriving at a venue but would freeze as dawn broke.

When I saw the title Dawn Dip I was just about to be impressed thinking you where going Ice breaking in an open air pool, broad or river.

article-2096372-1195A0B1000005DC-43_970x658.jpg

But alas no :) Glad you kept warm though.

Dawn Dip is a little known East Anglian phenomenal known to the rest of the nation as............

WINTER ! ;-)

Thats what i like,lots of tips and sympathy.

Raist's yer man :no::lol:

Raist's yer man :no::lol:

I do my best :thumbsup:

The forecast is -5c here in the east.

inside garage because its betweem the house and next doors garage the temp is an almost constant 5c.

tonight outside the garage at 1950 hrs its now down to -3c.

the 2 thermometers i use is one lab type i used to use for fishing which is claimed to be very accurate,the other one just a run of the mill type reads exactly the same

as the otherone.the temp in garage is now gone down to -4c.

IVe never used the ouside temp on the auris readout,tend to use average fuel consumption and trip A. but gave i gave the outside temp a check out to see how it campared to the 2 thermometers and it read exactly the same -4c.

nice to know it cant be far out.

PIty there is not a permanent clock in the auris without having to fidldle with the readouts. which i dont anyway,just look at my watch.

looked on eBay for a clock to mount on the dash but no ideal place to put one.

Time and temperature are constantly displayed on my Auris, if you press the spindle in, that sits at the bottom of the speedo it then displays the date etc, not sure why you would have to fiddle with the readouts Ace. Did you set the time and date when you first got the car ? .

As i said the optitron instrument cluster that i have on my auris,you cant have the clock AND the average mpg which i like to keep an eye on.

My complaint is there is no seperate clock supplied as is normal.

i could bring it up temporary, but to to so whilst driving means sticking your hand through the steering wheel which is a no no.a stupid design fault by Toyota.

Why couldnt the there be a seperate button on the end of a stalk as with many other cars that controls the required readouts AND a seperate clock.

I dont worry to much about outside temp showing.

I only mentioned that i just checked the temp readout against the thermometers just out of interest.

Your correct Raist,kids are all the same these days.

Your correct Raist,kids are all the same these days.

He's not young , he's from Essex.... Nuff said :)

Isn't everyone :-)

You could be correct,but not sure though.

If so is there some sort of prize. i could be sorry for asking that.

Is there some sort of prize. i could be sorry for asking that.

A night on the tiles with Vic or if it's the weekend Simone.... :eek:

At 06.30 this morning its +1c inside garage and -8.5c outside.

In Thetford, thats about 12 miles from me its reported -14c.

Wife just said that the local news is reporting its down to -16c in parts of West Norfolk.

Anyone having lower temps than that this morning?

The mercury fell to -17.8C in Chesham, Bucks, during the early hours of the morning which was lower than the Russian capital Moscow, where a temperature of -16C was recorded yesterday.

Although it's minus 22 in my freezer :)

Wife had brought some Car Plan deicer for her car,!Removed! useless,froze on the screen yesterday, soon sorted it out with tepid water,but you got tto be quick getting the wipers on before the water freezes again.

Not as cold this morning,outside temp here -3c.

Freezer is -18c.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links