Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Problem

hallyuk

Help if poss please.

I have a W plate 1.0 GS.

The check engine light came on and was intermittant between constant at low revs and flashing at higher revs.

I took it to my local dealer, who checked the EMS and said it was a problem with either the Spark Plug, Coil Pack Lead or a burnt out valve.

I replaced the coil pack lead and the spark plug (no joy).

I took the plunge and put it in for it's 60,000 mile service and asked them at the same time to identify the fault and let me know the cost of repair.

Spoke to the garage today and they reckon it has no compession in 1 cylinder and is probably a burned out valve. They have quoted me £1000 for labour not including parts!!!

Are there any common problems with the Yaris engine such as this cos it seems a very low milage for a burned out valve?

Any help or ideas would be gratefully accepted

Hallyuk

:( :( :( :(

Never heard of this before :blink:

As far as getting it fixed goes, I would phone around and get a realistic price (Toyota are always expensive for this type of thing)-even so, It shouldnt have happened.

Good Luck

Pete

Thank's Pete,

Will take your advice and ring around. Worst case, I can probably get a recon engine fitted cheaper than that. Still think it's a bit odd for a valve to burn out on a car less than 4 yrs old.

Rob

I would make sure it is that before buying anything. Take it into a garage, explain the problem (but dont tell them what Toyota said) and see wht they say..

Worth a try..

Thankfully my Mrs' uncle has friends in the trade. They are going to check it out as well but it means transporting the car 300 miles.

My personal opinion is that it is not the valve so the new engine is a last resort. Rang a couple of dealers already and they said it is not common but valves have burned out on yaris's with 60000 on the clock. Just think it is a bit naff on a car less than 4 yrs old. Apart from this fault the car has been brill, no problems at all.

seems odd that even tho toyota would report a burnt out valve that they never then say what the consequance can be!

I thought the engines had a 6 year warranty? or are the valves not covered?

i would have thought so.

its not necessarily classed as a 'perishable' part

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

Just thought I would post the outcome of my Yaris problems in-case anyone else has the same problem in the future.

It turned out that Two valves! had burned out! Those nice people at my local dealership would have charged £20 plus VAT per valve on top of the £1000 labour! I was also advised that all valves should be replaced at the same time as this could happen again!

Ended up sending the car up north and getting the engine replaced! now have a 16000 mile engine and the car back to normal. but my wallet is much lighter.

Rob

Sorry to hear this mate! That must of put a nasty dent in ur wallet! Hope that doesn't happen 2 mine! :!Removed!:

And welcome back! :thumbsup:

what!!

two valves is half a days work for a good mechanic!!

a grand my backside!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links