Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vvt-I Badge

craggle

Hi Chaps

I followed a Toyota the other day, not sure what model it was but it had a small, chrome Badge under the right hand rear light that said VVT-i

I thought, that's a nice Badge and my engine has variable valve timing and injection, why haven't I got one of those?

So, looking on eBay genuine Toyota VVT-i badges can be got for less than £10 so I was thinking of getting myself one. Question is though, where do I put it, Would it look silly, Would people think the car is being driven by someone with a baseball cap and jeans round his knees?

Picture of the rear end below for ideas. (The car's rear end that is, not mine.) :)

Craig.

post-116364-0-53914300-1329060460_thumb.

Firstly I'd check the price for the Badge at your local dealer. I'm starting to find that the Bay of e are more expensive than offical suppliers.

Now on to the position of the Badge iteself. If I were to fit one (which I wouldn't as I'm already looking at removing the current badges), it would be approx. 2 inches below the window on the drivers side. But thats just my thoughts, and most on here know I'm a muppet. :)

Fish

Hmmmm, Hadn't thought of putting it up higher but that's not a bad idea, cheers Dan. I'll check the local dealer for prices too, eBay is my default but I guess you don't know a bargain price unless you have another price to compare it with.

I did think of putting it under the iQ Badge but would like to keep that area clear just in case I find myself getting a chrome strip or "Lower garnish" as it's known. I always thought garnish was for hot dogs? :)

So are you going to de-badge or apply other badges?

Cheers

Craig.

Total removal. They make cleaning a nightmare. The window stickers were removed before I left the forecourt, which for some reason the dealer didn't like.

Fish

Depends on the size of it. If it was in keeping with the others on the back, I would put it next to the Toyota Badge about 12mm away

David

Ha, I did take the motorline Toyota one and the Toyota optimal drive sticker out the window the day after I got it home, They were stuck right in the centre of the rear screen and obscured all rear vision!

Shame I also removed the nice new Motorline branded number plates when I changed registration. ;)

I have a very crusty looking Toyota security sticker in the top of the front window to remove next, think that might need a scrapper and white spirit.

Craig.

That's a good point David, the VVT-i badges are apparently 17mm tall so if they match the Toyota Badge it could look Okay next to that one. I'll have a measure tomorrow and see what fits where.

Cheers

Craig.

If it is ok or bigger, I would put a ruler under the chrome Toyota one and use that as the line to mount it. It looks much better than having a bigger Badge over shooting top and bottom of the existing Badge. I would not clutter up the iQ Badge, I think it looks special on its own

David

I personally like mine with plain iQ, no Lexus or VVTi for me.

I would go for either:

Under the iQ Badge

or

Get a new iQ Badge as well and re-position it a bit further to the left, and put the VVti straight after it.

Hmmm, Might have to think about this, The more I look at the picture the more I like the symmetry as it is, Wondering if the extra Badge would overcrowd the back.

I could go mad I guess and get a 1.3, VVT-i, and 16V Badge for the back! :)

Craig.

If I change the doors to gullwing, I might put a lamborghini Badge on it.

Get a picture of it, make it 17mm and stick it on with blue tai and see what you think in different places

David

If I change the doors to gullwing, I might put a lamborghini badge on it.

Hahahahhaha

J

lol.....Now you are getting a bit carried away

By the way VVT-I does not stand for Variable Valve Timing Injection but Variable Valve Timing Intelligent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VVT-i

Get a life... get a Lexus.... ha ha ha...

Peter

Actually Peter I've been meaning to tell you. Some jap bloke in Japan also put a Lexus Badge on their iQ but it was a proper sized one that fit snug. Lost the pic now

Jordan

Actually Peter I've been meaning to tell you. Some jap bloke in Japan also put a Lexus badge on their iQ but it was a proper sized one that fit snug. Lost the pic now

Jordan

Pleeaassee look for it Jordan... I wonder what you mean... is it the front Badge? Cause the back is in good proportion...

The front was also NOT available by Lexus... The Lexus cars have a front Badge that is seated IN a bigger form... And it's not a loose Badge... You will have to saw things away of an original Lexus Badge...

Actually Peter I've been meaning to tell you. Some jap bloke in Japan also put a Lexus badge on their iQ but it was a proper sized one that fit snug. Lost the pic now

Jordan

Pleeaassee look for it Jordan... I wonder what you mean... is it the front Badge? Cause the back is in good proportion...

The front was also NOT available by Lexus... The Lexus cars have a front Badge that is seated IN a bigger form... And it's not a loose Badge... You will have to saw things away of an original Lexus Badge...

Basically a Lexus badge that fits perfectly in the recess on the front of the iQ in correct proportion unlike yours. I'll try my best haha, but I'm busy these few days..may take a while cos it was on a Japanese site and I can't read Japanese. May have been a one off

Jordan

Sorry chaps but no Badge, Lexus, VVTi or any other cuts it for me. I prefer to leave as it is. But each one the their own. Live and let live.

Jordan

Basically a Lexus badge that fits perfectly in the recess on the front of the iQ in correct proportion unlike yours. I'll try my best haha, but I'm busy these few days..may take a while cos it was on a Japanese site and I can't read Japanese. May have been a one off

Jordan

Very sorry... but no... this does not fit... they MUST have taken some of the plastic away from the car... because Lexus Badge has a very large back... that goes "into" the front... and not "on" the front...

But anyway I have tried with the Lexus Dealer toi get a Lexus Badge... turns out that there are many forms of this Badge.... and they are litteraly priceless (sooo high in price.. it's breathtaking)...

Peter

http://sphotos.ak.fb...3_3949142_n.jpg

Looks pretty neat like

Jordan

Looks excellent!!! And the matching color of the wheels.... It's a bigger LOGO.... hmmm... wonder where he got .it... hmmm...

Peter

And YES.. it does hurt what you said...

a Lexus badge that fits perfectly in the recess on the front of the iQ in correct proportion unlike yours
:crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links