Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Iq Got It's Fifteen Minutes Of Fame, Well, 15 Seconds...

surfcitylocal

One of my sponsors, MGP Caliper Covers located in San Diego asked me to bring the iQ down for a television interview that they were having with a local TV station. Up at 2am, drove to San Diego and was able to have the iQ on display for the live television interview.

The host is Dave Stall, "The Car Guy" and the tall guy is Mike Barland the owner of MGP.

I've posted some still shots and there is a link to the video of the broadcast. Actually had a lot of fun.

DSCN0836.jpg

DSCN0835.jpg

DSCN0825.jpg

DSCN0826.jpg

DSCN0823.jpg

DSCN0839.jpg

DSCN0829.jpg

DSCN0831.jpg

Video of the interview http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/surfcityxb/Project%20Haolebuilt%20II/MGP%20Caliper%20Covers/MGP%20at%20KUSI%20TV/DSCN0831.jpg"]click here

Jordan you need to jailbreak your iphone and download VLC Works fine David

Jailbroken! Just it takes me to the mobile site rather than the video. Gonna watch now on the mac

Jordan

Our own little superstar. :)

I do like those challengers though. ;)

And why the hell cant you lot pronounce MAZDA properly.... It's Mazda, not maRzda. :P

Fish

Looking good Taz, lookin' good. I actually quite like those caliper covers. They look much neater than a painted set of calipers. Lets face it, the regular looking brakes, painted or not, aren't exactly great looking on the iQ are they? I know they look better painted, and I'm only jealous because I'm not allowed to paint ours, but... but... damn! I'm going to have to work on convincing my wife it's essential to paint them to protect them from rust, honest. Everyone's saying it on the forum...

Bob

I spoke to Taz about the calliper covers. And looked on the site. They are sold in pairs $120 a pair BUT Taz tells us he has drums at the back and the covers are for front only. I have had a look at mine, reasonably easy to see as I have spokes, and I am trying to decide if the front and rear are the same. Any ideas anyone, BTW you can get them customised for more $'s Have you seen these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-IQ-VVT-I-Brake-Caliper-Calliper-Decals-Stickers-/380410877100?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58924154ac#ht_1639wt_822

David

£80 for 2! The thing about these are they're clip on and can be installed in like 10 mins. I've seen other ones like fake Brembo covers for like £15 which you have to use silicon glue to stick on..not as convenient as you hAve to leave it to dry wheel off etc

J

Might paint mine yellow..think it'll go well with the red car on bronze/gunmetal wheels. Like a Ferrari but an iQ

Jordan

stumped for a colour for a white car, Black springs to mind but its dark there anyway.. See red would be good but nothing else I have is red so it would seem a random colour.

David

Might paint mine yellow..think it'll go well with the red car on bronze/gunmetal wheels. Like a Ferrari but an iQ

Jordan

Should have done that.. maybe this summer, painting them YELLOW... Red iQ and YELLOW ... WOW... will look great...

Thanks mate... for this idea... :-)

Peter

Here the situation at this moment:

DSC07501.jpg

Jordan

Should have done that.. maybe this summer, painting them YELLOW... Red iQ and YELLOW ... WOW... will look great...

Thanks mate... for this idea... :-)

Peter

Here the situation at this moment:

DSC07501.jpg

Looking good like!!

J

Fish, the covers help to keep the dust from blowing out the side of the caliper and onto the wheel. The edge of the caliper cover is rounded in rather than just being flat and allowing the dust to just fly by.

They can engrave anything you 'd like on the covers. Mine were color matched with the Toyota Blizzard Pearl paint.

DSCN0851.jpg

DSCN0850.jpg

DSCN0849.jpg

DSCN0848.jpg

Naaaice... very very naaaaice.... :drool:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links