Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Bike For The Iq

marcandsebe

Check out this rechargeable compact folding bike. Saw it at a Camping and Caravan show yesterday. Excel London. It was well built and a very good price compared to others on the market. Came in a very tough bag & I think it might just fit in an iQ

I bet it's still expensive. Anyways, I think you would be lucky to fit it inside your iQ. Not saying it's impossible; you'd have to get measurements, or try it. Some people would also say that the video is not very elf-n-safety minded. No helmets worn by the riders in the video. Personally, I wouldn't like to ride on any streets, not even our narrow country lanes round here. Most car drivers don't think about cyclists, I know, I used to be one. Yep, I was the one. Car drivers have always been ignorant of cyclists and often aggressive toward them, hell, even I am! Erm, have been. If they stick to the rules of the road, fine, but how often have you come across a cyclist that obeys the rules of the road they are supposed to? Nuff said.

It was £399 at the show, but £499 on their website. Much cheaper that most of the others on the market.

It surprising how much you can get in an iQ. I drove up to Wales to pick up a 13' inflatable kayak. I camped overnight. I had Coleman Phad X3 tent, 2 sleeping bags, an inflable air bed with sleeping bag attached, holdall, my sons guitar and then loaded the Advanced Elements 13' kayak in the back. I could still see out the back window too.

Battery... where???

That was what made it so good. It was hidden in the bottom stay to the rear wheel and the motor was in the front wheel. Did 12mph and had a 12 mile range. It was UK compliant, in that it did not have a throttle. Apparently these are being banned. You pressed the power button, then you peddle. After one turn the motor kicks in. You then had low, medium and high settings for speed. The storage bag turn in on itself to become a rucksack. I hought it was a very good design and most electric bikes in the UK are over £700, so the show price was very good. It's at www.beatbikes.com

Here it is being unfolded

Battery... where???

That was what made it so good. It was hidden in the bottom stay to the rear wheel and the motor was in the front wheel. Did 12mph and had a 12 mile range. It was UK compliant, in that it did not have a throttle. Apparently these are being banned. You pressed the power button, then you peddle. After one turn the motor kicks in. You then had low, medium and high settings for speed. The storage bag turn in on itself to become a rucksack. I hought it was a very good design and most electric bikes in the UK are over £700, so the show price was very good. It's at www.beatbikes.com

Stjaaa... dontknow... Battery can not be replaced... is this a good thing?? I wonder...

I have a bikeholder for on my towbar.... and I can put a normal full-sized Mountain-bike on the back.... so.....

You could always get one of these. It's faster than an iQ

Battery... where???

Stjaaa... dontknow... Battery can not be replaced... is this a good thing?? I wonder...

I have a bikeholder for on my towbar.... and I can put a normal full-sized Mountain-bike on the back.... so.....

He said the Battery could be replaced. About £70 and it's lithium Ion.

Battery... where???

He said the Battery could be replaced. About £70 and it's lithium Ion.

How did you fit a Towbar on the iQ. They don't sell them in the UK because the iQ's are not meant to tow. What do you tow with yours?

How did you fit a Towbar on the iQ. They don't sell them in the UK because the iQ's are not meant to tow. What do you tow with yours?

Tow bar has been fitted by a companu Thule in Staphorst... I did read that Toyota does not recommend a towbar for byciclerack NOR to pull something with is..

But it is Toyota that officially puts the thing as an option on the car... weird huh.... SO.... I grinded a bar off the top of the pullinghook-thing that prevents the use of a trailer or wagon... easil;y grinded away... so now everything is possible....

I have a homebuilt thing for a BOX and Bycicle-rack... but also a boattrailer for my Motorcycle BMW C1-200... Here some pics..

Stilll working on the insurance... what will happoen if the Police pulls me over.... huh??

DSC05413.jpg

DSC05435.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00517.jpg

You can see the boat (Alumacraft) lying in the background... :-)

You could always get one of these. It's faster than an iQ

Can it go 100 MPH for some time... huh huh.... :-)

I used to have a powered scooter with wheels about the same size as the bike. Steering is interesting!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links