Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fs Aussie De-cat Pipe Has Cracked

pizza boy

Over last couple of days ive noticed a lack of power and a rough feel to the drive and experienced a misfire this morning. Checked HTs and dizzy it was fine. Then looked around the engine bay and thinking "have I just got used to the power?" and then I spotted it...a crack in the de-cat pipe. The crack is in the first bend downwards..ill try an get a pic up.

Started the car and yes its blowing out. I initially thought this 'blowing' sound could have been a crack in my zorst but it was the decat pipe. Man I cant beleive it... these things are £250 odd quid. and are meant to be top quality...:angry:

All im dreading now is Fensports response...

This sux big time and I get the feeling im just gonna get shafted over this. Any suggestions?

Wasn't their somekind of mailout from Fensport about an extra part needed to stop this happening?

Do a post search, I think Jim started the topic.

Yea it was a gasket thingy. The crack is not in the area where the pipe bolts to the turbo tho its on the first bend.

I wouldn't take anything less that a replacement or your money back..... Hard to believe something like that would actually crack, you wouldn't think it would be possible to do it, shows what kind of pressure these things are under!!

Yea and its not like ive been ragging the car either. Its clearly due to the turbo sitting at 17psi WHICH I should add is safe and Fensport state that its safe as well at that pressure.

ouch ... sorry to hear that bro...

hope they deal with this as you want...

Me too dude...I hope it works out ok also...Fensport are a great company and ive always had great service from both Adrian and Tony. Ive spent almost 2k with them I on other cars ive owned too.

I just hope it doesnt go pear shaped cos at the end of the day its no big loss to them if they tell me to %$( off...they are so busy anyway. :(

Can any1 tell me if I risk damaging my turbo if I drive it around like this? Or is it just like havin a blown zorst = %$(ed fuel economy and loss of power but still drivable.

I need me car on a daily basis. I am an anti-walker (or lazy bastid)

would have thought it was okay ..

Kinda glad I've just got mine gutted and not a whole replacement ..

if you didn't have the extra bracket attached, couldn't fensport argue this and NOT give you a replacement ?? They only crack on MR2's for some reason.

This sounds like a faulty part. Perhaps a microfracture in metal during manufacture that has now been opened by heat....?

Ah new update...phoned Fensport and they wanted me to take a pic of the damage so they can post it to Aussie. Fensport will then provide a replacement. Ive posted it now and will find out tomorrow if this will happen.

Jimlad I have fitted the gasket but I got my pipe waaaay back in october odd and the gaskets were issued in mid Jan. Plenty of time for the initial crack to develop before these gaskets were sent out. Even Tony agreed on this.

The damage is actually mostly due to the engine 'shifting' under torque. The gasket was to stiffen things up. Heat of course worsens the damage.

The crack got worse lately due to the increased strain from my recent power hike.

In the meantime heres pics to check out the damage:

post-38-1081210848.jpg

oh blo0dy hell im on msherrys comp and just realised im answering under his login...bah! :wacko:

hmmm actually...ehehe!......

Rico...thats a photo of me on a Saturday night! :unsure:

gotta love those heels..great for Launches!!

does my bum look big with these on?

Dam it Pizza face!!! you forgot to log out of my computer last night!...now the jokes ruined. :crybaby:

the statement from Pizza boy...previously, was actually from me.

*runs into bushes to hide from fear of being humiliated....yet again!*

Arrgh I think every1 is confused now

Back to normality...I will find out whats happenin tomorrow once Tony sees the pics of the pipe. The email didnt reach em for some reason so I made em d/l off this thread eheh!

An who you callin pizza face :arrgg-matey:

I have to say your next door neighbour is DAAAAM FINE msherry! hells yea!! An shes mine..you had your chance an you ruined it..too late!! muhaha!

To quote that pirate geezer off Pirates of the Carribean "Takes whats you cans!! Gives nothings backs! AARRrRR! " :arrgg-matey:

Rico...thats a photo of me on a Saturday night! :unsure:

gotta love those heels..great for Launches!!

does my bum look big with these on?

You got lovely legs!! ;) ;)

"Takes whats you cans!! Gives nothings backs! AARRrRR!

What do you crazy guys get on your pizza's in scotland!!!

Hope fensport get back to you soon fella.....with a good result.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links