Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote Central Locking

JonoW

As description, really. My remote central locking's decided it doesn't want to work. It's not the Battery in the keys as far as I can tell, as one's hardly ever been used and it's a new '53 car. It worked a few hours ago when I locked and unlocked it near Doncaster. I've driven home in the rain up the A1 (about 90 mins) and it just won't lock at all. I've tried two keys and the light on them're both really bright.

I went round the car and opened and closed all the doors (twice) - I know it won't lock if a door's not shut properly.

Any ideas? :ffs: :help:

Cheers,

<J>

interferance can stop it from working, maybe the key might need to be reprogrammed

interferance can stop it from working, maybe the key might need to be reprogrammed

Both of them? :crybaby:

Checked the fuses?

Can't recall without going out in the rain to check, but I think the central locking

has it's own fuse...even if it hasn't and is shared with something else...it still might have blown.

Vipes

Checked the fuses?

Can't recall without going out in the rain to check, but I think the central locking

has it's own fuse...even if it hasn't and is shared with something else...it still might have blown.

Vipes

JonoW

Do you live near a electricity pylon? Reason i ask this as i remember at the yaris meet we all parked under a pylon and none of are doors would open or shut properly. Also at jap fest at billing as they had a local radio station there they where causing havoc with all the remote central locking on the cars. Electricity and radio signals messes around with the remote control locking on modern cars mate.

jerry!!

I had trouble with mine during the cold winter months. Even now it doesn't want to open/close on occasion. :angry:

Toyota said to bring it in when it's not working otherwise they can't sort it.

But of course, it's working perfectly again when I take it round to get it checked out...

Typical, eh... :arrgg-matey:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links