Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reversing Light Wires

Robertm

:huh: Hi, just fitted reversing sensors to my mums 2002 Yaris, but need to know which wires in the rear light cluster to connect to for a live and earth feed for the reversing light.

Many thanks,

Rob

Just take out the cluster. I think the UK have a hard wired circuit and it's common sense. Just take a soldering iron and solder off a wire to tap to your sensors. Earth can be taken anywhere fromt the car chassis.

Are you sensors in the bumper? If so, where did you feed the cable into the car itself? Going to fit some to mine tomorrow!

Thanks

Al.

Just take out the cluster. I think the UK have a hard wired circuit and it's common sense.  Just take a soldering iron and solder off a wire to tap to your sensors.  Earth can be taken anywhere fromt the car chassis.

Are you sensors in the bumper?  If so, where did you feed the cable into the car itself?  Going to fit some to mine tomorrow!

Thanks

Al.

I've already wired them up and they work fine as long as the lights aren't on, (in which case they don't work at all, so I've obviously got a wrong connection somewhere!).

The sensors were a surface mount kit, but I made up some brakets and attached them to the bolts on the lower edge of the rear bumper where there are already 2 bolts going through.

The cost of the kit was £50 or so. Let me know if you want any more details.

I haven't removed the cluster yet as I was hoping someone may just know which colour wires I need to connect to. If not, I'll remove the cluster as suggested.

Cheers,

Rob

Edited to add that I fed the wires in to the car via the bung in the bottom of the spare wheel well and then sealed it again with hot melt glue.

Rob

Any chance of some photos as to how you fitted the sensors please?

Cheers

I made a couple of right angle brackets in which I drilled a hole and mounted on the two bolts which are already on the lower edge of the rear bumper. The sensors themselves were self adhesive, so I just stuck them to the brackets.

I've just taken a picture which I'll try and load up.

The install is pretty discreet and probably wouldn't be noticed unless you're actually looking for it.

The kit was assessed by Auto Express and won their prize for best performance verus cost (appx £50 as I've already mentioned).

I fitted a similar kit to my Discovery 3 years ago and it cost almost £300, so this was a bargain and it works a treat!

Rob

how did you run the cable into the car? Is there a grommet that you can utilise? I'm gonna install the flush drill in type.

The rear cluster is only 2x 10mm bolts. Takes 1 minute to remove!

Thanks

Al.

how did you run the cable into the car? Is there a grommet that you can utilise? I'm gonna install the flush drill in type.

The rear cluster is only 2x 10mm bolts. Takes 1 minute to remove!

Thanks

Al.

I ran the cables along the inside rear edge of the bumper, (held in place with cable clips), and then ran them out to the gromit in the base of the spare wheel well.

I made a small cut in the gromit with a stanley knife, pushed the cables through and then sealed it again with hot melt glue.

Let me know if you ned any other details.

Rob

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links